In the context of research design, two types of validity, which speak to the quality of different features of the research process, are considered: internal validity and external validity. Assuming that the findings of a research study are internally valid—i.e., the researcher has used controls to determine that the outcome is indeed due to manipulation of the independent variable or the treatment—external validity refers to the extent to which the findings can be generalized from the sample to the population or to other settings and groups. Reliability refers to the replicability of the findings.
For this Discussion, you will consider threats to internal and external validity in quantitative research and the strategies used to mitigate these threats. You will also consider the ethical implications of designing quantitative research.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post an explanation of a threat to internal validity and a threat to external validity in quantitative research. Next, explain a strategy to mitigate each of these threats. Then, identify a potential ethical issue in quantitative research and explain how it might influence design decisions. Finally, explain what it means for a research topic to be amenable to scientific study using a quantitative approach.
Be sure to support your Main Issue Post and Response Post with reference to the scholarly evidence in APA Style.
Website Resource 15C
Use the following topics to guide your observational assessment of the community. Be sure to
note the condition of facilities and the presence or absence of services, facilities, housing, and
1. Area: Urban or rural, boundaries, densely or sparsely populated, and general condition of the area (i.e., well or poorly maintained)
2. Demographics: Observations about the people, including sex (mixed or heavily skewed to one sex), ages (i.e., young, old, mix), homogeneous or culturally mixed, and racial and ethnic characteristics
3. Amenities and Open Spaces: Parks, tennis courts, swimming pools, recreation areas, movie theaters, skating rinks, sports arenas, or lack thereof
Public: Visible transportation such as buses, cabs, street cars, and subways
Private: Cars, motorcycles, bikes, sport utility vehicles (SUVs), and other vehicles, and the condition of the vehicles (i.e., new or old, well or poorly maintained)
5. Safety: Active or inactive neighborhoods and retail areas, pedestrians, people mingling, children playing, presence of police, presence of gangs, and homes fortified or not (i.e., having safety bars on the windows)
6. Commercial Buildings and Areas: Type of retail stores and other services such as shopping malls, strip malls, small neighborhood stores, liquor stores, check-cashing establishments, grocery stores, and evidence of industry (i.e., factories in use or abandoned)
7. Government Offices: Town hall, police station, fire station, court house, human service facilities, and other types of government buildings
Website Resources 15C-2 Copyright © 2013, 2009, 2005, 2000, 1995 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier Inc.
8. Health Services: Drug stores, public clinics, private clinics, hospitals, physicians’ offices, counseling services, drug and alcohol treatment facilities, or other types of health-related buildings and services
9. Schools Public elementary, middle, or high schools, private schools and types, colleges, and technical schools (e.g., industrial, auto mechanic, beauty schools)
10. Residential Areas: Types of residences (e.g., apartments, condominiums, row houses, single-family dwellings) and condition (i.e., new or old, well or poorly maintained), condition of lawns or common areas if available, and size of dwellings (i.e., large or small apartment complexes, large or small homes, or a mix)
11. Religion: Presence or absence of religious facilities, types of facilities (i.e., churches [denominations], synagogues, temples, mosques, convents), and mix of religions represented
12. Communication: Messages posted, newspaper stands, graffiti, and political signs or other communication efforts
13. Environment: Condition of air, water, and soil; noticeable smog or haze; and obvious pollutants
14. Other Observations Pertinent to Your Community
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Keeping in mind your instructions and guidelines, our writers ensure to do extensive research before beginning to write. Unique and quality paper is our top priority.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our team of writers and editors have many years of experience in academic writing. They are native English speakers and able to handle any academic task with ease.
Free Unlimited Revisions
We offer free unlimited revision to our clients. Whenever you feel the need to revise your work submit to our able editors. Our editors will ensure that your paper will be revised to meet your guidelines.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
As a team we work hard to ensure a timely delivery of your papers. All you need to do is specify the time frame that you want you paper be submitted. We will work round the clock to beat the deadline.
Original & Confidential
We value your confidentiality and all our payment method are secure. We also use high end writing tools to ensure that all papers delivered are unique.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support team are available 24/7 to accept your orders and queries. We are committed to provide you with the best customer experience.
What Our Paper Writing Service Guarantees
You do not have to worry on what to expect because at mypaperwriterspro.com we guarantee you;
Our team of writers and editors is composed of people with diverse writing experiences. All of them have a Ph.D. They are all Ph.D. or M.A. graduates with extensive experience in academic and essay writing. We offer high-quality, original academic writing at an affordable cost.
Every order is written from scratch. We ensure that your papers conform to English conventions and the requirements of your discipline. To ensure originality, we also perform originality checks on all academic papers. Our success rate is 99% and many of our clients achieves their desired grades.
Mypaperwriterspro has a strict anti-plagiarism policy. To ensure that your paper is not flagged as plagiarism, we take extra precautions when writing it. Professional plagiarism detection software is used by our custom paper experts.
Mypaperwriterspro takes the privacy of clients' information very seriously. Mypaperwriterspro does not disclose any information about our transactions with third-party services. Nobody will ever know that you have hired our paper writing service to help with your paper.
Our website offers online security for our customers. Your passwords and personal information are protected and cannot be accessed by anyone else. Our customers are assured that their accounts will not be compromised by hackers. Learn more about the data that we store and how it is used in our privacy statement.
When you order our paper service, you get unlimited free revisions and unlimited drafts. We will ensure that you submit flawless papers. Our paper help website allows you to request multiple revisions.
If the order form indicates that modifications or adjustments are required, only those should be made. These guidelines include, but are not limited to:
You can reach us by email, phone, and live chat. We are always interested in hearing from our customers. We welcome any feedback regarding our paper assistance service. Our customer service representatives are available 24/7, even on holidays and weekends. They can help you place orders, check the status of your order, answer questions, or simply provide information.
Chat with your paper specialist via our live chat. Our professionals are available for unlimited chats. All your questions will be answered within minutes
Do you still feel dissatisfied with your final paper? Don't worry. Mypaperwriterspro is committed to customer satisfaction.
Although it is rare, you can request a partial or full refund if your final paper is not written to your satisfaction. Mypaperwriterspro views our money-back guarantee more as a right than a benefit.
We believe that our clients deserve the best paper services available online. We offer a simple and straightforward refund process if you are not satisfied with the paper.