For this assessment, you may choose one of the following three options for a performance dashboard to use as the basis for your benchmark evaluation.
Option 1: Dashboard and Health Care Benchmark Evaluation Simulation
If you decide to use one of the simulation dashboards for your evaluation, review both dashboards, as well as the relevant local, state, and federal laws and policies linked in each dashboard. Choose one of the dashboards and consider the metrics within it that are falling short of the prescribed benchmarks.
Review the performance dashboard for a health care organization, as well as relevant local, state, and federal laws and policies. Then, write a report for senior leaders in the organization that communicates your analysis and evaluation of the current state of organizational performance, including a recommended metric to target for improvement.
Note: Each assessment in this course builds on the work you completed in the previous assessment. Therefore, you must complete the assessments in this course in the order in which they are presented.
In the era of health care reform, many of the laws and policies set by government at the local, state, and federal levels have specific performance benchmarks related to care delivery outcomes that organizations must achieve. It is critical for organizational success that the interprofessional care team is able to understand reports and dashboards that display the metrics related to performance and compliance benchmarks. This assessment offers an opportunity for you to demonstrate and sharpen your ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate performance dashboard metrics.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
· Competency 1: Analyze the effects of health care policies, laws, and regulations on organizations, interprofessional teams, and personal practice.
. Analyze challenges that meeting prescribed benchmarks can pose for a heath care organization or an interprofessional team.
· Competency 3: Lead the development and implementation of ethical and culturally sensitive policies that improve health outcomes for individuals, organizations, and populations.
. Advocate for ethical action in addressing a benchmark underperformance, directed toward an appropriate group of stakeholders.
· Competency 4: Evaluate relevant indicators of performance, such as benchmarks, research, and best practices, for health care policies and law for patients, organizations, and populations.
. Evaluate dashboard metrics with regard to benchmarks set by local, state, or federal health care policies or laws.
. Evaluate a benchmark underperformance in a heath care organization or an interprofessional team that has the potential for greatly improving overall quality or performance.
· Competency 6: Apply various methods of communicating with policy makers, stakeholders, colleagues, and patients to ensure that communication in a given situation is professional, clear, efficient, and effective.
. Communicate evaluation and analysis in a professional and effective manner, writing content clearly and logically, with correct use of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
. Integrate relevant sources to support arguments, correctly formatting citations and references using current APA style.
Structure your report in such a way that it would be easy for a colleague or supervisor to locate the information they need. Be sure to cite relevant local, state, or federal health care laws or policies when evaluating metric performance against prescribed benchmarks. Cite an additional 2–4 credible sources to support your analysis and evaluation of the challenges in meeting the benchmarks, the potential for performance improvement, and your advocacy for ethical action.
Note: The tasks outlined below correspond to grading criteria in the scoring guide.
In your report, be sure to:
· Evaluate dashboard metrics against the benchmarks set by local, state, or federal health care laws or policies.
. Which metrics are below the mandated benchmarks in the organization? Evaluate weaknesses within the entire set of benchmarks.
. What are the local, state, or federal health care laws or policies that set these benchmarks?
· Analyze challenges that meeting prescribed benchmarks can pose for the organization or for an interprofessional team.
. What are the specific challenges or opportunities that the organization or interprofessional team might have in meeting the benchmarks? For example, consider:
. The strategic direction of the organization.
. The organization’s mission.
. Available resources:
. Operational and capital funding.
. Physical space.
. Support services (any ancillary department that supports a specific care unit in the organization, such as a pharmacy, cleaning services, and dietary services).
· Cultural diversity in the organization.
· Cultural diversity in the community.
· Organizational processes and procedures.
· How might these challenges be contributing to benchmark underperformance?
· Evaluate a benchmark underperformance in the organization or interprofessional team that has the potential for greatly improving overall quality or performance.
· Which metric is underperforming its benchmark by the greatest degree?
· Which benchmark underperformance is the most widespread throughout the organization or interprofessional team?
· Which benchmark affects the greatest number of patients?
· Which benchmark affects the greatest number of staff?
· How does this underperformance affect the community the organization serves?
· Where is the greatest opportunity for improvement in the overall quality or performance of the organization or interpersonal team—and ultimately in patient outcomes?
· Advocate for ethical action in addressing the benchmark underperformance that has the potential for greatly improving overall quality or performance.
· At which group of stakeholders should your advocacy be directed? Which group could be expected to take the appropriate action to improve the benchmark metric?
· What are some ethical actions that the stakeholder group could take that support improved benchmark performance?
· Why should the stakeholder group take action?
· Communicate your findings and recommendations in a professional and effective manner.
· Ensure that your report is well organized and easy to read.
· Write clearly and logically, using correct grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
· Integrate relevant sources to support your arguments, correctly formatting source citations and references using current APA style.
· Did you cite relevant local, state, or federal health care laws or policies when discussing the mandated benchmarks?
· Did you cite an additional 2–4 credible sources to support your analysis, evaluation, and advocacy?
Benchmarking and Performance Measurement Tools
This article discusses best practices in benchmarking to aid organizations in creating a plan.
· Krause, J. (2017, July 28). Four questions to ask about healthcare benchmarking. Retrieved from http://managedhealthcareexecutive.modernmedicine.com/managed-healthcare-executive/news/four-questions-ask-about-healthcare-benchmarking?page=0,0
These resources examine performance measurement tools and benchmarking used for health care delivery.
· Behrouzi, F., Shaharoun, A. M., & Ma’aram, A. (2014). Applications of the balanced scorecard for strategic management and performance measurement in the health sector. Australian Health Review, 38(2), 208–217.
· Johns Hopkins Medicine. (n.d.). Patient safety and quality. Retrieved from http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/patient_safety_quality_dashboard/understanding_performance_metrics/core_measures.html
· National Committee for Quality Assurance. (n.d.). HEDIS and performance measurement. Retrieved from http://www.ncqa.org/hedis-quality-measurement
Performance Benchmarks Challenges and Benefits
This study outlines key barriers to measuring and benchmarking quality of mental health care, describes innovations currently underway worldwide to mitigate barriers and offers recommendations for improving quality of mental health care.
· Kilbourne, A. M., Beck, K., Spaethâ€Rublee, B., Ramanuj, P., O’Brien, R. W., Tomoyasu, N., & Pincus, H. A. (2018). Measuring and improving the quality of mental health care: A global perspective . World Psychiatry, 17(1), 30–38.
This resource discusses future options and challenges with respect to the Affordable Care Act provisions and requirements.
· RAND Corporation. (n.d.). The future of U.S. health care: Replace or revise the Affordable Care Act? Retrieved from https://www.rand.org/health/key-topics/health-policy/in-depth.html
This article explores hospital rankings in the United States and how they provide benefit to organizations and consumers in consideration of the Affordable Care Act.
· Huerta, T. R., Hefner, J. L., Ford, E. W., McAlearney, A. S., & Menachemi, N. (2014). Hospital website rankings in the United States: Expanding benchmarks and standards for effective consumer engagement. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 16(2), e64.
This article discusses key practical issues in the development of performance dashboards.
· Ghazisaeidi, M., Safdari, R., Torabi, M., Mirzaee, M., Farzi, J. & Goodini, A. (2015). Development of performance dashboards in healthcare sector: Key practical issues. Acta Informatica Medica, 23(5), 317–321.
Health Care Policies, Laws, Legislation, and Metrics
This resource explains current health care policy in the United States.
· Oliver, T. R. (Ed.). (2014). Guide to U.S. health and health care policy . Washington, DC: CQ Press.
This article discusses the most significant reforms to the U.S. health care system as provisions and mandates in the Affordable Care Act.
· Martin, E. J. (2015). Healthcare policy legislation and administration: Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010. Journal of Health and Human Services Administration, 37(4), 407–411.
This resource discusses the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) current payment pathways for physicians relative to quality measures and benchmarks.
· American Medical Association. (n.d.). Quality payment program specifics. Retrieved from https://www.ama-assn.org/practice-management/quality-payment-program-qpp-specifics
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Keeping in mind your instructions and guidelines, our writers ensure to do extensive research before beginning to write. Unique and quality paper is our top priority.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our team of writers and editors have many years of experience in academic writing. They are native English speakers and able to handle any academic task with ease.
Free Unlimited Revisions
We offer free unlimited revision to our clients. Whenever you feel the need to revise your work submit to our able editors. Our editors will ensure that your paper will be revised to meet your guidelines.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
As a team we work hard to ensure a timely delivery of your papers. All you need to do is specify the time frame that you want you paper be submitted. We will work round the clock to beat the deadline.
Original & Confidential
We value your confidentiality and all our payment method are secure. We also use high end writing tools to ensure that all papers delivered are unique.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support team are available 24/7 to accept your orders and queries. We are committed to provide you with the best customer experience.
What Our Paper Writing Service Guarantees
You do not have to worry on what to expect because at mypaperwriterspro.com we guarantee you;
Our team of writers and editors is composed of people with diverse writing experiences. All of them have a Ph.D. They are all Ph.D. or M.A. graduates with extensive experience in academic and essay writing. We offer high-quality, original academic writing at an affordable cost.
Every order is written from scratch. We ensure that your papers conform to English conventions and the requirements of your discipline. To ensure originality, we also perform originality checks on all academic papers. Our success rate is 99% and many of our clients achieves their desired grades.
Mypaperwriterspro has a strict anti-plagiarism policy. To ensure that your paper is not flagged as plagiarism, we take extra precautions when writing it. Professional plagiarism detection software is used by our custom paper experts.
Mypaperwriterspro takes the privacy of clients' information very seriously. Mypaperwriterspro does not disclose any information about our transactions with third-party services. Nobody will ever know that you have hired our paper writing service to help with your paper.
Our website offers online security for our customers. Your passwords and personal information are protected and cannot be accessed by anyone else. Our customers are assured that their accounts will not be compromised by hackers. Learn more about the data that we store and how it is used in our privacy statement.
When you order our paper service, you get unlimited free revisions and unlimited drafts. We will ensure that you submit flawless papers. Our paper help website allows you to request multiple revisions.
If the order form indicates that modifications or adjustments are required, only those should be made. These guidelines include, but are not limited to:
You can reach us by email, phone, and live chat. We are always interested in hearing from our customers. We welcome any feedback regarding our paper assistance service. Our customer service representatives are available 24/7, even on holidays and weekends. They can help you place orders, check the status of your order, answer questions, or simply provide information.
Chat with your paper specialist via our live chat. Our professionals are available for unlimited chats. All your questions will be answered within minutes
Do you still feel dissatisfied with your final paper? Don't worry. Mypaperwriterspro is committed to customer satisfaction.
Although it is rare, you can request a partial or full refund if your final paper is not written to your satisfaction. Mypaperwriterspro views our money-back guarantee more as a right than a benefit.
We believe that our clients deserve the best paper services available online. We offer a simple and straightforward refund process if you are not satisfied with the paper.