Step 1: The Three Day Diet Diary (8 points)
For your diet analysis assignment you will need to keep track of everything you consume for three days. There are many methods of collecting dietary information, but the diet diary is the best method. The information collected is only helpful if you keep accurate data. You are graded on the detail you provide, not on the quality of your diet, so do not be hesitant in tracking everything you consume. Keep in mind the full assignment is quite lengthy and will not be an accurate picture of your diet unless you carefully keep track. You must have 8 different foods each day (not including beverages). If you eat fewer than 8 different foods, do your analysis on a friend or family member with a more varied diet.
Step 2: Compare Your Diet to MyPlate (8 points)
This step of the diet analysis assignment gives you an opportunity to compare your diet to the MyPlate recommendations. MyPlate is a quick and easy way to analyze dietary intake. You will need to use the Choose My Plate website for this section.
Step 3: Estimating Energy and Protein Needs (6 points)
Complete the Energy and Protein Needs Worksheet. There are many ways to estimate energy and protein needs. Use this worksheet to calculate your energy and protein needs using a common equation.
Step 4: Nutrient Reports (10 points)
For this section you will use a free APP called, Chronometer.
You have 2 options for use:
1. Download the Free APP.
2. Register online using: https://cronometer.com/
Step 5: Nutrient Source Worksheet (6 points)
For this step you will be identifying the foods in your three day diet diary that provided specific nutrients.
Step 6: Written Analysis (12 points)
Based on all the reports and worksheets you should be able to do a good analysis of your diet. This written analysis should be a minimum of 2 pages long and include the following details:
1. What influences your food choices? Give examples from the three days you recorded. Explain how these influences can be positive or negative.
2. How many ounces of fluids did you consume each day? This number you will need to add up yourself from your three-day diet diary. How does this number compare to the recommendations of 48-64 oz. per day? Are there changes you should make to your fluid choices?
3. My Plate Plan: How did your diet compare with the recommendations for you? Consider each food group and your intake from each – is it appropriate? List at least three foods you could add or change to improve your My Plate intake.
4. Calories Report: how did your calorie intake compare to the amount My Plate, cronometer or your calculations recommended for you? Consider weight loss or maintenance goals. Are you happy with your kcal intake and your activity level? What changes do you think need to be made? Give examples and be specific.
5. Macronutrient Report: How does your percentage of kcals compare to the targets/recommendations for you? (Cronometer report) List at least three foods you would add/change/delete to improve these percentages. Also look at your fiber intake. Does it meet the recommendations of 25-35 grams per day? How will you improve on that number?
6. Nutrition Report: how does your individual nutrient intake compare to the RDA standards? Focus on nutrients where your intake did not meet needs (<90% of RDA) and ones that you over- consumed (>110% of RDA). List at least three foods you would add/change/delete to improve these percentages. Use your text book to find food sources of each nutrient.
7. Summarize your analysis and list three measurable, attainable goals to improve your diet. For example: Fiber = 6.6grams/day this is WAY below the recommendations. Do not list your goal as “add more fiber to my diet. Do list specific foods that you would actually be willing to eat! “Add whole wheat bread to my breakfast at least 4 days a week” or “Add 1 cup of broccoli to my dinner at least once per week”.
STEP 1 Day (circle one): 1 2 3
* Indicate why you chose to eat at that time- hunger, boredom, social setting, etc.
Energy and Protein Needs Worksheet
Weight = ______ pounds divided by 2.2 = _____ kg
Height = _______ inches X 2.54 = __________cm
Age = ___________ years
1. Energy Needs
Use the Mifflin St Joer Calculation. Show your work.
For Men : 10 x weight (kg) + 6.25 x height (cm) – 5 x Age + 5 =RMR
For Women : 10 x weight (kg) + 6.25 x height (cm) – 5 x Age – 161 = RMR
To determine estimated energy needs, multiply the RMR x activity factor (AF).
AF = 1.3 for sedentary, 1.6 for active and up to 1.8 for VERY active.
RMR _____ x AF ______ = ___________ Kcal Needs/day for weight maintenance
2. Protein Needs:
_______kg X 0.8 grams protein/kg = ___________ grams protein per day
3. Comparison of Estimation Techniques:
Mifflin St Joer and .8 grams/kg
Nutrient Source Worksheet
For each day identify at least two foods that you consumed which contributed significant amounts to your daily intake of the following nutrients. If you have no foods providing the nutrient there would be a zero in your chronometer print outs. Use the text if you are having a hard time finding food sources.
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Keeping in mind your instructions and guidelines, our writers ensure to do extensive research before beginning to write. Unique and quality paper is our top priority.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our team of writers and editors have many years of experience in academic writing. They are native English speakers and able to handle any academic task with ease.
Free Unlimited Revisions
We offer free unlimited revision to our clients. Whenever you feel the need to revise your work submit to our able editors. Our editors will ensure that your paper will be revised to meet your guidelines.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
As a team we work hard to ensure a timely delivery of your papers. All you need to do is specify the time frame that you want you paper be submitted. We will work round the clock to beat the deadline.
Original & Confidential
We value your confidentiality and all our payment method are secure. We also use high end writing tools to ensure that all papers delivered are unique.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support team are available 24/7 to accept your orders and queries. We are committed to provide you with the best customer experience.
What Our Paper Writing Service Guarantees
You do not have to worry on what to expect because at mypaperwriterspro.com we guarantee you;
Our team of writers and editors is composed of people with diverse writing experiences. All of them have a Ph.D. They are all Ph.D. or M.A. graduates with extensive experience in academic and essay writing. We offer high-quality, original academic writing at an affordable cost.
Every order is written from scratch. We ensure that your papers conform to English conventions and the requirements of your discipline. To ensure originality, we also perform originality checks on all academic papers. Our success rate is 99% and many of our clients achieves their desired grades.
Mypaperwriterspro has a strict anti-plagiarism policy. To ensure that your paper is not flagged as plagiarism, we take extra precautions when writing it. Professional plagiarism detection software is used by our custom paper experts.
Mypaperwriterspro takes the privacy of clients' information very seriously. Mypaperwriterspro does not disclose any information about our transactions with third-party services. Nobody will ever know that you have hired our paper writing service to help with your paper.
Our website offers online security for our customers. Your passwords and personal information are protected and cannot be accessed by anyone else. Our customers are assured that their accounts will not be compromised by hackers. Learn more about the data that we store and how it is used in our privacy statement.
When you order our paper service, you get unlimited free revisions and unlimited drafts. We will ensure that you submit flawless papers. Our paper help website allows you to request multiple revisions.
If the order form indicates that modifications or adjustments are required, only those should be made. These guidelines include, but are not limited to:
You can reach us by email, phone, and live chat. We are always interested in hearing from our customers. We welcome any feedback regarding our paper assistance service. Our customer service representatives are available 24/7, even on holidays and weekends. They can help you place orders, check the status of your order, answer questions, or simply provide information.
Chat with your paper specialist via our live chat. Our professionals are available for unlimited chats. All your questions will be answered within minutes
Do you still feel dissatisfied with your final paper? Don't worry. Mypaperwriterspro is committed to customer satisfaction.
Although it is rare, you can request a partial or full refund if your final paper is not written to your satisfaction. Mypaperwriterspro views our money-back guarantee more as a right than a benefit.
We believe that our clients deserve the best paper services available online. We offer a simple and straightforward refund process if you are not satisfied with the paper.