DIRECTIONS-Please discuss the following question. Try and keep your original response essay to the question to between 250 and 300 words. Please use historical examples from your readings (lecture lessons and common reader) in this original essay. You are required to cite your textbook or outside sources using parenthetical citation (author, page number) or using Turabian style footnotes. Please put your source(s) at the end of your essay (if using footnotes) and always include a bibliography. Finally, please try to support your essay using examples or sources different from your fellow classmates.
Please restate the question verbatim you are answering before your response. Please restate my follow-up question verbatim as well.
Each Forum is graded on a 100 point scale:
Main Essay Assigned source required (Berger text and/or lesson lectures) with parenthetical or footnote citation and Work Cited/Bibliography.
Student Response to Professor’s Follow-up Question (20 points, Sunday 11:55 PM Eastern deadline). One source required with with parenthetical or footnote citation and Work Cited/Bibliography.
Later in the Assignment Window (Saturday and Sunday), please take the time and respond to at least two of your classmates’ essays. Make sure your responses are both thoughtful and substantive. Opinions are welcome in your responses, but opinions should be accompanied with support. A gentle reminder that encyclopedias are never allowed as sources in this or any history course in this University. Use of forbidden tertiary sources will result in a one letter grade deduction per use. Do not ask questions in these student responses in your weekly general forum. Please save your questions for your travel log responses to your fellow students.
Please keep in mind that you are required to answer my follow-up question (in 150 to 200 words) before the Sunday deadline and that this exchange with me does not count as one of your required follow-up postings to your fellow students.
Make sure you address your fellow students by name at the beginning of your post.
GENERAL FORUM QUESTIONS:
Choose one of the following questions and respond
Because of the size of this class, pick a new question to respond to if the question has been responded to by five of your fellow students by the time of your submission. Please put the number of the question you are answering in your Subject Line of your main essay response (example “Question #1”). This will allow you to easily see how many times this question has been answered.
1) Why did Pericles promote Athens as the ideal Classical polis and encourage the innovations of philosophers, architects, and artists? How did the Classical ideals of humanism, realism, and idealism influence Athenian society? Why do you think that these ideals were not accepted as readily in places such as Sparta?
2) Discuss the political systems of Athens and Sparta. Why was there such a wide difference between the two city-states? How did the treatment of women differ between Athens and Sparta? Which do you believe gave their citizens more freedom and participation in government?
3) Discuss the conquests of Alexander the Great. Why is Alexander often lauded as being a great military commander? Do you believe he was more lucky than skilled in his victories against the Persians?
4) Study the Hellenistic kingdoms that came after the death of Alexander. How did the way Greeks were ruled change from the earlier Hellenic period? What role did these Hellenistic kingdoms play in linking Eastern and Western Asia by way of the silk roads?
5) Examine slavery in the Greek and Roman worlds. What role did slaves play in the everyday life of Greeks and Romans? Was slavery in the Mediterranean world, similar or different than slavery and other civilizations studied in this class?
6) What was the reasoning behind the Punic Wars? How did these wars change Roman society and colonization? Why are these wars seen as a pivotal turning point in Roman development?
7) What events influenced the change from the Late Republic Period to the beginning of the Imperial Period? Why do you think Romans were so willing to accept the drastic change from the traditional republic to a principate under Augustus?
8) What events led to the weakening of the Roman state? How did Diocletian and Constantine try to address the problems that threatened to destabilize Rome? Why do you think the reforms were not able to prevent the eventual downfall of Rome?
9) How did Christianity spread out of the province of Judea? Why was this religion able to gain increased footing in Rome’s citizenry? How did Rome change with the acceptance of Christianity as a religion in Rome?
Berger, Eugene, et al. World History: Cultures, States, and Societies to 1500, Dalhonega, GA: University of Georgia, 2016. http://oer.galileo.usg.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1001&context=history-textbooks
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Keeping in mind your instructions and guidelines, our writers ensure to do extensive research before beginning to write. Unique and quality paper is our top priority.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our team of writers and editors have many years of experience in academic writing. They are native English speakers and able to handle any academic task with ease.
Free Unlimited Revisions
We offer free unlimited revision to our clients. Whenever you feel the need to revise your work submit to our able editors. Our editors will ensure that your paper will be revised to meet your guidelines.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
As a team we work hard to ensure a timely delivery of your papers. All you need to do is specify the time frame that you want you paper be submitted. We will work round the clock to beat the deadline.
Original & Confidential
We value your confidentiality and all our payment method are secure. We also use high end writing tools to ensure that all papers delivered are unique.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support team are available 24/7 to accept your orders and queries. We are committed to provide you with the best customer experience.
What Our Paper Writing Service Guarantees
You do not have to worry on what to expect because at mypaperwriterspro.com we guarantee you;
Our team of writers and editors is composed of people with diverse writing experiences. All of them have a Ph.D. They are all Ph.D. or M.A. graduates with extensive experience in academic and essay writing. We offer high-quality, original academic writing at an affordable cost.
Every order is written from scratch. We ensure that your papers conform to English conventions and the requirements of your discipline. To ensure originality, we also perform originality checks on all academic papers. Our success rate is 99% and many of our clients achieves their desired grades.
Mypaperwriterspro has a strict anti-plagiarism policy. To ensure that your paper is not flagged as plagiarism, we take extra precautions when writing it. Professional plagiarism detection software is used by our custom paper experts.
Mypaperwriterspro takes the privacy of clients' information very seriously. Mypaperwriterspro does not disclose any information about our transactions with third-party services. Nobody will ever know that you have hired our paper writing service to help with your paper.
Our website offers online security for our customers. Your passwords and personal information are protected and cannot be accessed by anyone else. Our customers are assured that their accounts will not be compromised by hackers. Learn more about the data that we store and how it is used in our privacy statement.
When you order our paper service, you get unlimited free revisions and unlimited drafts. We will ensure that you submit flawless papers. Our paper help website allows you to request multiple revisions.
If the order form indicates that modifications or adjustments are required, only those should be made. These guidelines include, but are not limited to:
You can reach us by email, phone, and live chat. We are always interested in hearing from our customers. We welcome any feedback regarding our paper assistance service. Our customer service representatives are available 24/7, even on holidays and weekends. They can help you place orders, check the status of your order, answer questions, or simply provide information.
Chat with your paper specialist via our live chat. Our professionals are available for unlimited chats. All your questions will be answered within minutes
Do you still feel dissatisfied with your final paper? Don't worry. Mypaperwriterspro is committed to customer satisfaction.
Although it is rare, you can request a partial or full refund if your final paper is not written to your satisfaction. Mypaperwriterspro views our money-back guarantee more as a right than a benefit.
We believe that our clients deserve the best paper services available online. We offer a simple and straightforward refund process if you are not satisfied with the paper.