Hypertension and Cardiovascular Disease Instructions: Answer the questions below. You may print your answers or e-mail them to your instructor.
1. Define arterial blood pressure (BP) and explain how it is measured.
2. Discuss briefly the mechanisms that regulate arterial blood pressure including the sympathetic nervous system, the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system (RAAS), and renal function?
3. What causes essential hypertension? What is the etiology?
4. What are the common symptoms of essential hypertension?
5. Using the JNC 8 guidelines, how is the diagnosis of hypertension made? What blood pressure readings are used to identify normal BP, stage 1 hypertension, and stage 2 hypertension?
6. List the risk factors for developing hypertension. What risk factors does Mrs. Moore currently have? Discuss the contribution of ethnicity to hypertension, especially for African Americans
7. What are the four major modes of treatment for hypertension?
8. Dr. Evans indicated in his note that he will “rule out metabolic syndrome.” What is metabolic syndrome?
9. What factors found in the medical and social history are pertinent for determining Mrs. Moore’s coronary heart disease (CHD) risk category?
10. How is hypertension related to other cardiovascular disorders? What are the possible complications of uncontrolled or untreated hypertension?
11. Briefly describe the DASH eating plan and discuss the major nutrients that are components of this nutrition therapy.
12. Using the 2015 Dietary Guidelines, describe why decreased sodium intake is targeted as a focus to improve the health of Americans.
13. What do the current literature and the Evidence Analysis Library (EAL) indicate regarding the role of sodium intake in the control of hypertension? Is there a significant correlation between sodium intake and cardiovascular risk?
14. What is the Mediterranean diet? How might this dietary approach be appropriate for Mrs. Moore? Would this be culturally appropriate for her?
15. Lifestyle modifications reduce blood pressure, enhance the efficacy of antihypertensive medications, and decrease cardiovascular risk. List lifestyle modifications that have been shown to lower blood pressure. 16. What are the health implications of Mrs. Moore’s body mass index (BMI)?
17. Calculate Mrs. Moore’s energy and protein requirements.
18. Identify the major sources of sodium and saturated fat in Mrs. Moore’s diet. Compare her typical diet to the components of the DASH diet.
19. What dietary assessment tools that target nutrients known to be associated with hypertension and CVD risk might be useful in assessing Mrs. Moore’s diet?
20. Go to http://cvdrisk.nhlbi.nih.gov/. Using this online calculator, determine Mrs. Moore’s risk of CVD based on her lipid profile. Are there other factors that contribute to her CVD risk?
21. When you talk with Mrs. Moore on 3/15, you ask how much weight she would like to lose. She tells you she would like to weigh 125, which is what she weighed most of her adult life. Is this reasonable? What would you suggest as a goal for weight loss for Mrs. Moore? How quickly should Mrs. Moore lose this weight?
22. List your major recommendations for dietary substitutions and/or other changes that would help Mrs. Moore reach her medical nutrition therapy goals, to be consistent with the DASH diet and sodium intake guidelines.
23. Philippians 4:6-7 relates to one of the risk factors of hypertension. What is this risk factor? How does this verse apply? Write your understanding of nutritional genomics and the prospective benefits discussed in the reading.
24. Be sure to define and examine nutrigenetics, nutrigenomics, genome, and genotype.
25. Find two articles pertaining to ethics, morals or integrity regarding this topic. Use AMA style to cite both articles.
26. Discuss how God’s word applies to this newly emerging field. Support your assertions with the text, articles and the Bible. Clearly state your opinions and back up your perspective using biblical citations.
Check out this related post: Free and Appropriate Public Education.
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Keeping in mind your instructions and guidelines, our writers ensure to do extensive research before beginning to write. Unique and quality paper is our top priority.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our team of writers and editors have many years of experience in academic writing. They are native English speakers and able to handle any academic task with ease.
Free Unlimited Revisions
We offer free unlimited revision to our clients. Whenever you feel the need to revise your work submit to our able editors. Our editors will ensure that your paper will be revised to meet your guidelines.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
As a team we work hard to ensure a timely delivery of your papers. All you need to do is specify the time frame that you want you paper be submitted. We will work round the clock to beat the deadline.
Original & Confidential
We value your confidentiality and all our payment method are secure. We also use high end writing tools to ensure that all papers delivered are unique.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support team are available 24/7 to accept your orders and queries. We are committed to provide you with the best customer experience.
What Our Paper Writing Service Guarantees
You do not have to worry on what to expect because at mypaperwriterspro.com we guarantee you;
Our team of writers and editors is composed of people with diverse writing experiences. All of them have a Ph.D. They are all Ph.D. or M.A. graduates with extensive experience in academic and essay writing. We offer high-quality, original academic writing at an affordable cost.
Every order is written from scratch. We ensure that your papers conform to English conventions and the requirements of your discipline. To ensure originality, we also perform originality checks on all academic papers. Our success rate is 99% and many of our clients achieves their desired grades.
Mypaperwriterspro has a strict anti-plagiarism policy. To ensure that your paper is not flagged as plagiarism, we take extra precautions when writing it. Professional plagiarism detection software is used by our custom paper experts.
Mypaperwriterspro takes the privacy of clients' information very seriously. Mypaperwriterspro does not disclose any information about our transactions with third-party services. Nobody will ever know that you have hired our paper writing service to help with your paper.
Our website offers online security for our customers. Your passwords and personal information are protected and cannot be accessed by anyone else. Our customers are assured that their accounts will not be compromised by hackers. Learn more about the data that we store and how it is used in our privacy statement.
When you order our paper service, you get unlimited free revisions and unlimited drafts. We will ensure that you submit flawless papers. Our paper help website allows you to request multiple revisions.
If the order form indicates that modifications or adjustments are required, only those should be made. These guidelines include, but are not limited to:
You can reach us by email, phone, and live chat. We are always interested in hearing from our customers. We welcome any feedback regarding our paper assistance service. Our customer service representatives are available 24/7, even on holidays and weekends. They can help you place orders, check the status of your order, answer questions, or simply provide information.
Chat with your paper specialist via our live chat. Our professionals are available for unlimited chats. All your questions will be answered within minutes
Do you still feel dissatisfied with your final paper? Don't worry. Mypaperwriterspro is committed to customer satisfaction.
Although it is rare, you can request a partial or full refund if your final paper is not written to your satisfaction. Mypaperwriterspro views our money-back guarantee more as a right than a benefit.
We believe that our clients deserve the best paper services available online. We offer a simple and straightforward refund process if you are not satisfied with the paper.