Develop a solution to a specific ethical dilemma faced by a health care professional by applying ethical principles. Describe the issues and a possible solution in a 3-5-page paper.
Whether you are a nurse, a public health professional, a health care administrator, or in another role in the health care field, you must base your decisions on a set of ethical principles and values. Your decisions must be fair, equitable, and defensible. Each discipline has established a professional code of ethics to guide ethical behavior. In this assessment, you will practice working through an ethical dilemma as described in a case study. Your practice will help you develop a method for formulating ethical decisions.
Demonstration of Proficiency
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
· Competency 1: Apply information literacy and library research skills to obtain scholarly information in the field of health care.
. Apply academic peer-reviewed journal articles relevant to an ethical problem or issue as evidence to support an analysis of the case.
· Competency 3: Apply ethical principles and academic standards to the study of health care.
. Summarize the facts in a case study and use the three components of an ethical decision-making model to analyze an ethical problem or issue and the factors that contributed to it.
. Discuss the effectiveness of the communication approaches present in a case study.
. Discuss the effectiveness of the approach used by a professional to deal with problems or issues involving ethical practice in a case study.
. Apply ethical principles to a possible solution to an ethical problem or issue described in a case study.
· Competency 4: Write for a specific audience, in appropriate tone and style, in accordance with Capella’s writing standards.
. Write clearly and logically, with correct use of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
. Write following APA style for in-text citations, quotes, and references.
Note: The requirements outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the scoring guide. At a minimum, be sure to address each point. In addition, you are encouraged to review the performance-level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed.
For this assessment, develop a solution to a specific ethical dilemma faced by a health care professional. In your assessment:
1. Access the Ethical Case Studies media piece to review the case studies you will be using for this assessment.
. Select the case most closely related to your area of interest and use it to complete the assessment.
. Note: The case study may not supply all of the information you need. In such cases, you should consider a variety of possibilities and infer potential conclusions. However, please be sure to identify any assumptions or speculations you make.
· Include the selected case study in your reference list, using proper APA style and format. Refer to the Evidence and APA section of the Writing Center for guidance.
· Summarize the facts in a case study and use the three components of an ethical decision-making model to analyze an ethical problem or issue and the factors that contributed to it.
· Identify which case study you selected and briefly summarize the facts surrounding it. Identify the problem or issue that presents an ethical dilemma or challenge and describe that dilemma or challenge.
· Identify who is involved or affected by the ethical problem or issue.
· Access the Ethical Decision-Making Model media piece and use the three components of the ethical decision-making model (moral awareness, moral judgment, and ethical behavior) to analyze the ethical issues.
. Apply the three components outlined in the Ethical Decision-Making Model media.
· Analyze the factors that contributed to the ethical problem or issue identified in the case study.
. Describe the factors that contributed to the problem or issue and explain how they contributed.
· Apply academic peer-reviewed journal articles relevant to an ethical problem or issue as evidence to support an analysis of the case.
· In addition to the readings provided, use the Capella library to locate at least one academic peer-reviewed journal article relevant to the problem or issue that you can use to support your analysis of the situation. The How Do I Find Peer-Reviewed Articles? library guide will help you locate appropriate references.
. Cite and apply key principles from the journal article as evidence to support your critical thinking and analysis of the ethical problem or issue.
. Review the Think Critically About Source Quality resource.
. Assess the credibility of the information source.
. Assess the relevance of the information source.
· Discuss the effectiveness of the communication approaches present in a case study.
· Describe how the health care professional in the case study communicated with others.
· Assess instances where the professional communicated effectively or ineffectively.
· Explain which communication approaches should be used and which ones should be avoided.
· Describe the consequences of using effective and non-effective communication approaches.
· Discuss the effectiveness of the approach used by a professional to deal with problems or issues involving ethical practice in a case study.
· Describe the actions taken in response to the ethical dilemma or issue presented in the case study.
· Summarize how well the professional managed professional responsibilities and priorities to resolve the problem or issue in the case.
· Discuss the key lessons this case provides for health care professionals.
· Apply ethical principles to a possible solution to an ethical problem or issue described in a case study.
· Describe the proposed solution.
· Discuss how the approach makes this professional more effective or less effective in building relationships across disciplines within his or her organization.
· Discuss how likely it is the proposed solution will foster professional collaboration.
· Write clearly and logically, with correct use of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
· Apply the principles of effective composition.
· Determine the proper application of the rules of grammar and mechanics.
· Write using APA style for in-text citations, quotes, and references.
· Determine the proper application of APA formatting requirements and scholarly writing standards.
· Integrate information from outside sources into academic writing by appropriately quoting, paraphrasing, and summarizing, following APA style.
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Keeping in mind your instructions and guidelines, our writers ensure to do extensive research before beginning to write. Unique and quality paper is our top priority.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our team of writers and editors have many years of experience in academic writing. They are native English speakers and able to handle any academic task with ease.
Free Unlimited Revisions
We offer free unlimited revision to our clients. Whenever you feel the need to revise your work submit to our able editors. Our editors will ensure that your paper will be revised to meet your guidelines.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
As a team we work hard to ensure a timely delivery of your papers. All you need to do is specify the time frame that you want you paper be submitted. We will work round the clock to beat the deadline.
Original & Confidential
We value your confidentiality and all our payment method are secure. We also use high end writing tools to ensure that all papers delivered are unique.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support team are available 24/7 to accept your orders and queries. We are committed to provide you with the best customer experience.
What Our Paper Writing Service Guarantees
You do not have to worry on what to expect because at mypaperwriterspro.com we guarantee you;
Our team of writers and editors is composed of people with diverse writing experiences. All of them have a Ph.D. They are all Ph.D. or M.A. graduates with extensive experience in academic and essay writing. We offer high-quality, original academic writing at an affordable cost.
Every order is written from scratch. We ensure that your papers conform to English conventions and the requirements of your discipline. To ensure originality, we also perform originality checks on all academic papers. Our success rate is 99% and many of our clients achieves their desired grades.
Mypaperwriterspro has a strict anti-plagiarism policy. To ensure that your paper is not flagged as plagiarism, we take extra precautions when writing it. Professional plagiarism detection software is used by our custom paper experts.
Mypaperwriterspro takes the privacy of clients' information very seriously. Mypaperwriterspro does not disclose any information about our transactions with third-party services. Nobody will ever know that you have hired our paper writing service to help with your paper.
Our website offers online security for our customers. Your passwords and personal information are protected and cannot be accessed by anyone else. Our customers are assured that their accounts will not be compromised by hackers. Learn more about the data that we store and how it is used in our privacy statement.
When you order our paper service, you get unlimited free revisions and unlimited drafts. We will ensure that you submit flawless papers. Our paper help website allows you to request multiple revisions.
If the order form indicates that modifications or adjustments are required, only those should be made. These guidelines include, but are not limited to:
You can reach us by email, phone, and live chat. We are always interested in hearing from our customers. We welcome any feedback regarding our paper assistance service. Our customer service representatives are available 24/7, even on holidays and weekends. They can help you place orders, check the status of your order, answer questions, or simply provide information.
Chat with your paper specialist via our live chat. Our professionals are available for unlimited chats. All your questions will be answered within minutes
Do you still feel dissatisfied with your final paper? Don't worry. Mypaperwriterspro is committed to customer satisfaction.
Although it is rare, you can request a partial or full refund if your final paper is not written to your satisfaction. Mypaperwriterspro views our money-back guarantee more as a right than a benefit.
We believe that our clients deserve the best paper services available online. We offer a simple and straightforward refund process if you are not satisfied with the paper.