Nursing homework help: Functional Health Pattern (FHP) Template Directions:
This FHP template is to be used for organizing community assessment data in preparation for completion of the topic assignment. Address every bulleted statement in each section with data or rationale for deferral. You may also add additional bullet points if applicable to your community.
· Predominant ethnic and cultural groups along with beliefs related to health.
· Predominant spiritual beliefs in the community that may influence health.
· Availability of spiritual resources within or near the community (churches/chapels, synagogues, chaplains, Bible studies, sacraments, self-help groups, support groups, etc.).
· Do the community members value health promotion measures? What is the evidence that they do or do not (e.g., involvement in education, fundraising events, etc.)?
· What does the community value? How is this evident?
· On what do the community members spend their money? Are funds adequate?
· Predominant health problems: Compare at least one health problem to a credible statistic (CDC, county, or state).
· Immunization rates (age appropriate).
· Appropriate death rates and causes, if applicable.
· Prevention programs (dental, fire, fitness, safety, etc.): Does the community think these are sufficient?
· Available health professionals, health resources within the community, and usage.
· Common referrals to outside agencies.
· Indicators of nutrient deficiencies.
· Obesity rates or percentages: Compare to CDC statistics.
· Affordability of food/available discounts or food programs and usage (e.g., WIC, food boxes, soup kitchens, meals-on-wheels, food stamps, senior discounts, employee discounts, etc.).
· Availability of water (e.g., number and quality of drinking fountains).
· Fast food and junk food accessibility (vending machines).
· Evidence of healthy food consumption or unhealthy food consumption (trash, long lines, observations, etc.).
· Provisions for special diets, if applicable.
· For schools (in addition to above):
· Nutritional content of food in cafeteria and vending machines: Compare to ARS 15-242/The Arizona Nutrition Standards (or other state standards based on residence)
· Amount of free or reduced lunch
Elimination (Environmental Health Concerns)
· Common air contaminants’ impact on the community.
· Waste disposal.
· Pest control: Is the community notified of pesticides usage?
· Hygiene practices (laundry services, hand washing, etc.).
· Bathrooms: Number of bathrooms; inspect for cleanliness, supplies, if possible.
· Universal precaution practices of health providers, teachers, members (if applicable).
· Temperature controls (e.g., within buildings, outside shade structures).
· Safety (committee, security guards, crossing guards, badges, locked campuses).
· Community fitness programs (gym discounts, P.E., recess, sports, access to YMCA, etc.).
· Recreational facilities and usage (gym, playgrounds, bike paths, hiking trails, courts, pools, etc.).
· Safety programs (rules and regulations, safety training, incentives, athletic trainers, etc.).
· Injury statistics or most common injuries.
· Evidence of sedentary leisure activities (amount of time watching TV, videos, and computer).
· Means of transportation.
· Sleep routines/hours of your community: Compare with sleep hour standards (from National Institutes of Health [NIH]).
· Indicators of general “restedness” and energy levels.
· Factors affecting sleep:
· Shift work prevalence of community members
· Environment (noise, lights, crowding, etc.)
· Consumption of caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, and drugs
· Homework/Extracurricular activities
· Health issues
· Primary language: Is this a communication barrier?
· Educational levels: For geopolitical communities, use http://www.census.gov and compare the city in which your community belongs with the national statistics.
· Educational offerings (in-services, continuing education, GED, etc.)
· Educational mandates (yearly in-services, continuing education, English learners, etc.)
· Special education programs (e.g., learning disabled, emotionally disabled, physically disabled, and gifted)
· Library or computer/Internet resources and usage.
· Funding resources (tuition reimbursement, scholarships, etc.).
· Age levels.
· Programs and activities related to community building (strengthening the community).
· Community history.
· Pride indicators: Self-esteem or caring behaviors.
· Published description (pamphlets, Web sites, etc.).
· Interaction of community members (e.g., friendliness, openness, bullying, prejudices, etc.).
· Vulnerable populations:
· Why are they vulnerable?
· How does this impact health?
· Power groups (church council, student council, administration, PTA, and gangs):
· How do they hold power?
· Positive or negative influence on community?
· Harassment policies/discrimination policies.
· Relationship with broader community:
· Fire/EMS (response time)
· Other (food drives, blood drives, missions, etc.)
· Relationships and behavior among community members.
· Educational offerings/programs (e.g., growth and development, STD/AIDS education, contraception, abstinence, etc.).
· Access to birth control.
· Birth rates, abortions, and miscarriages (if applicable).
· Access to maternal child health programs and services (crisis pregnancy center, support groups, prenatal care, maternity leave, etc.).
· Delinquency/violence issues.
· Crime issues/indicators.
· Poverty issues/indicators.
· CPS or APS abuse referrals: Compare with previous years.
· Drug abuse rates, alcohol use, and abuse: Compare with previous years.
· Stress management resources (e.g., hotlines, support groups, etc.).
· Prevalent mental health issues/concerns:
· How does the community deal with mental health issues
· Mental health professionals within community and usage
· Disaster planning:
· Past disasters
· Drills (what, how often)
· Planning committee (members, roles)
· Crisis intervention plan
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Keeping in mind your instructions and guidelines, our writers ensure to do extensive research before beginning to write. Unique and quality paper is our top priority.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our team of writers and editors have many years of experience in academic writing. They are native English speakers and able to handle any academic task with ease.
Free Unlimited Revisions
We offer free unlimited revision to our clients. Whenever you feel the need to revise your work submit to our able editors. Our editors will ensure that your paper will be revised to meet your guidelines.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
As a team we work hard to ensure a timely delivery of your papers. All you need to do is specify the time frame that you want you paper be submitted. We will work round the clock to beat the deadline.
Original & Confidential
We value your confidentiality and all our payment method are secure. We also use high end writing tools to ensure that all papers delivered are unique.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support team are available 24/7 to accept your orders and queries. We are committed to provide you with the best customer experience.
What Our Paper Writing Service Guarantees
You do not have to worry on what to expect because at mypaperwriterspro.com we guarantee you;
Our team of writers and editors is composed of people with diverse writing experiences. All of them have a Ph.D. They are all Ph.D. or M.A. graduates with extensive experience in academic and essay writing. We offer high-quality, original academic writing at an affordable cost.
Every order is written from scratch. We ensure that your papers conform to English conventions and the requirements of your discipline. To ensure originality, we also perform originality checks on all academic papers. Our success rate is 99% and many of our clients achieves their desired grades.
Mypaperwriterspro has a strict anti-plagiarism policy. To ensure that your paper is not flagged as plagiarism, we take extra precautions when writing it. Professional plagiarism detection software is used by our custom paper experts.
Mypaperwriterspro takes the privacy of clients' information very seriously. Mypaperwriterspro does not disclose any information about our transactions with third-party services. Nobody will ever know that you have hired our paper writing service to help with your paper.
Our website offers online security for our customers. Your passwords and personal information are protected and cannot be accessed by anyone else. Our customers are assured that their accounts will not be compromised by hackers. Learn more about the data that we store and how it is used in our privacy statement.
When you order our paper service, you get unlimited free revisions and unlimited drafts. We will ensure that you submit flawless papers. Our paper help website allows you to request multiple revisions.
If the order form indicates that modifications or adjustments are required, only those should be made. These guidelines include, but are not limited to:
You can reach us by email, phone, and live chat. We are always interested in hearing from our customers. We welcome any feedback regarding our paper assistance service. Our customer service representatives are available 24/7, even on holidays and weekends. They can help you place orders, check the status of your order, answer questions, or simply provide information.
Chat with your paper specialist via our live chat. Our professionals are available for unlimited chats. All your questions will be answered within minutes
Do you still feel dissatisfied with your final paper? Don't worry. Mypaperwriterspro is committed to customer satisfaction.
Although it is rare, you can request a partial or full refund if your final paper is not written to your satisfaction. Mypaperwriterspro views our money-back guarantee more as a right than a benefit.
We believe that our clients deserve the best paper services available online. We offer a simple and straightforward refund process if you are not satisfied with the paper.