Facts:Between 1923 and 1947, Arkansas Power & Light (AP&L) constructed dams on two Arkansas lakes, Hamilton and Catherine. The company obtained “flood easements” on property adjoining the lakes. The easements permitted AP&L to “clear of trees, brush and other obstructions and to submerge by water [the adjoining land].”
AP&L properly recorded its easements.In May 1990, extraordinarily heavy rains fell, and water reached the highest levels ever recorded. AP&L opened the gates of one dam, called Carpenter, causing water to rise 25 feet. This flood caused massive damage to the landowners’ real estate.
Several dozen landowners sued, claiming that AP&L was negligent in opening the dam and in failing to warn homeowners of their intended action. The United States District Court granted summary judgment for AP&L, and the landowners appealed.
You Be the Judge:Did the easements relieve AP&L from liability for flooding?The case study above will assess how well you understand the concept of nonpossessory interests. Begin by reading the facts of the case (Carvin v. Arkansas Power and Light), then decide: Did the easements relieve AP&L from liability for flooding?
Read the arguments for both sides carefully before beginning your case study. Present your decision in writing in a 3 page (double-spaced) decision. The case may be found using Google Scholar.
● What rights does a landowner have and how are they affected by an easement?○ In this case what were the responsibilities of all parties?○ What rights did AP&L purchase with the easement?○ Did subsequent owners know of the easement and if they did not, are they still bound by it?○ Is it fair to have the landowners pay for the actions of a large corporation?
● Was AP&L negligent in their actions?○ Should they have provided notice to the homeowners?○ Were there other actions that AP&L could have taken?○ Should AP&L have foreseen that this type of flooding was possible and constructed analternative holding area for the waters?
● What was the effect of AP&L recording
● Respond to the questions in this Assignment providing support or evidence for your point of view orargument you are trying to make.
● Tell your readers what action they should take, or provide a summary of what the reader should takeaway from reading/learning about the topic.
● Write your paper in a clear and articulate manner using Standard English.
● Write the paper in your words without using quotations.
● Ensure it is well-organized, logical, and unified, and that your work is original and insightful.
● Use the 7th edition APA formatting and citation style for your paper.
● Respond in a least a 3-page paper with a separate title and reference page.
● Have at least two quality references or law cases in addition to the textbook, for a total of at least three.
Do you need an expert to help you with this assignment? Click on the button below now.
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Keeping in mind your instructions and guidelines, our writers ensure to do extensive research before beginning to write. Unique and quality paper is our top priority.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our team of writers and editors have many years of experience in academic writing. They are native English speakers and able to handle any academic task with ease.
Free Unlimited Revisions
We offer free unlimited revision to our clients. Whenever you feel the need to revise your work submit to our able editors. Our editors will ensure that your paper will be revised to meet your guidelines.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
As a team we work hard to ensure a timely delivery of your papers. All you need to do is specify the time frame that you want you paper be submitted. We will work round the clock to beat the deadline.
Original & Confidential
We value your confidentiality and all our payment method are secure. We also use high end writing tools to ensure that all papers delivered are unique.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support team are available 24/7 to accept your orders and queries. We are committed to provide you with the best customer experience.
What Our Paper Writing Service Guarantees
You do not have to worry on what to expect because at mypaperwriterspro.com we guarantee you;
Our team of writers and editors is composed of people with diverse writing experiences. All of them have a Ph.D. They are all Ph.D. or M.A. graduates with extensive experience in academic and essay writing. We offer high-quality, original academic writing at an affordable cost.
Every order is written from scratch. We ensure that your papers conform to English conventions and the requirements of your discipline. To ensure originality, we also perform originality checks on all academic papers. Our success rate is 99% and many of our clients achieves their desired grades.
Mypaperwriterspro has a strict anti-plagiarism policy. To ensure that your paper is not flagged as plagiarism, we take extra precautions when writing it. Professional plagiarism detection software is used by our custom paper experts.
Mypaperwriterspro takes the privacy of clients' information very seriously. Mypaperwriterspro does not disclose any information about our transactions with third-party services. Nobody will ever know that you have hired our paper writing service to help with your paper.
Our website offers online security for our customers. Your passwords and personal information are protected and cannot be accessed by anyone else. Our customers are assured that their accounts will not be compromised by hackers. Learn more about the data that we store and how it is used in our privacy statement.
When you order our paper service, you get unlimited free revisions and unlimited drafts. We will ensure that you submit flawless papers. Our paper help website allows you to request multiple revisions.
If the order form indicates that modifications or adjustments are required, only those should be made. These guidelines include, but are not limited to:
You can reach us by email, phone, and live chat. We are always interested in hearing from our customers. We welcome any feedback regarding our paper assistance service. Our customer service representatives are available 24/7, even on holidays and weekends. They can help you place orders, check the status of your order, answer questions, or simply provide information.
Chat with your paper specialist via our live chat. Our professionals are available for unlimited chats. All your questions will be answered within minutes
Do you still feel dissatisfied with your final paper? Don't worry. Mypaperwriterspro is committed to customer satisfaction.
Although it is rare, you can request a partial or full refund if your final paper is not written to your satisfaction. Mypaperwriterspro views our money-back guarantee more as a right than a benefit.
We believe that our clients deserve the best paper services available online. We offer a simple and straightforward refund process if you are not satisfied with the paper.