1. Modifier -P5 indicates that the patient
A. experienced postoperative anemia.
B. is not expected to survive without the operation.
C. received a lower anesthesia dosage.
D. is advanced in age.
2. Code 99217 is assigned for
A. nursing home services.
B. observation discharge services.
C. established patient visits.
D. new patient office visits.
3. Code range 99218–99220 denotes
A. emergency room visits.
B. initial hospital visits.
C. initial observation care.
D. follow-up hospital visits.
4. A physician performs an invasive surgical procedure. Prior to the start of the procedure, the anesthesiologist administers monitored anesthesia. Which modifier should be appended to the anesthesia code?
5. When more than one surgery is performed during one anesthesia administration, the coder should
A. report the anesthesia code with the highest base value unit.
B. assign modifier -QS to the second surgery code.
C. assign add-on code 01900 to indicate more than one surgery was performed during a single operative session.
D. add modifier -QY to the first surgery code.
6. Modifier -P3 indicates that the patient
A. received topical anesthesia.
B. is in a coma.
C. received local anesthesia.
D. has severe systemic disease.
7. ___ modifiers indicate the number of anesthesia cases being directed at one time.
A. Coordinated time
8. A coder adds modifier -P2 to an anesthesia code. This modifier indicates the patient
A. is allergic to lidocaine.
B. received general anesthesia.
C. is handicapped.
D. has mild systemic disease.
9. The risk of morbidity or mortality would be considered as a part of
A. review of systems.
B. medical decision-making.
C. history of present illness.
D. chief complaint.
10. A patient who has not been seen by a physician or another physician in the same group within the last three years is a/an _______ patient.
11. The dollar rate of each anesthesia unit is called the _______ factor.
A. unit conversion
D. base value unit rate
12. A patient who has been admitted to a hospital is a/an
B. established patient.
C. new patient.
D. ambulatory surgery patient.
13. A patient undergoes an esophagogastric tamponade with a balloon. How would this procedure be coded?
14. Codes in the range of 99224–99226 represent services for
A. critical care services.
B. subsequent observations.
D. initial observations.
15. Which of the following code ranges are add-on codes reported for prolonged physician services?
A. 99458–99586, 99372
B. 99212–99252, 99344
C. 99673–99873, 99001
D. 99354–99357, 99359
16. A patient who has been treated by a physician or another physician in the same group within the last three years is a/an _______ patient.
17. Modifier -QY indicates that
A. anesthesia administration was abruptly terminated due to surgical complications.
B. the surgeon is administering anesthesia.
C. the physician is supplying topical anesthesia only.
D. an anesthesiologist is directing the CRNA during anesthesia administration.
18. _______ circumstance codes are used in situations that increase the difficulty of administering anesthesia.
A. UNIT administration modification
C. ASA relativity
19. Other nursing facility services would be reported with code
20. A patient undergoes a pacemaker insertion. She is not expected to survive if she doesn’t have the operation. What code should be reported?
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Keeping in mind your instructions and guidelines, our writers ensure to do extensive research before beginning to write. Unique and quality paper is our top priority.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our team of writers and editors have many years of experience in academic writing. They are native English speakers and able to handle any academic task with ease.
Free Unlimited Revisions
We offer free unlimited revision to our clients. Whenever you feel the need to revise your work submit to our able editors. Our editors will ensure that your paper will be revised to meet your guidelines.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
As a team we work hard to ensure a timely delivery of your papers. All you need to do is specify the time frame that you want you paper be submitted. We will work round the clock to beat the deadline.
Original & Confidential
We value your confidentiality and all our payment method are secure. We also use high end writing tools to ensure that all papers delivered are unique.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support team are available 24/7 to accept your orders and queries. We are committed to provide you with the best customer experience.
What Our Paper Writing Service Guarantees
You do not have to worry on what to expect because at mypaperwriterspro.com we guarantee you;
Our team of writers and editors is composed of people with diverse writing experiences. All of them have a Ph.D. They are all Ph.D. or M.A. graduates with extensive experience in academic and essay writing. We offer high-quality, original academic writing at an affordable cost.
Every order is written from scratch. We ensure that your papers conform to English conventions and the requirements of your discipline. To ensure originality, we also perform originality checks on all academic papers. Our success rate is 99% and many of our clients achieves their desired grades.
Mypaperwriterspro has a strict anti-plagiarism policy. To ensure that your paper is not flagged as plagiarism, we take extra precautions when writing it. Professional plagiarism detection software is used by our custom paper experts.
Mypaperwriterspro takes the privacy of clients' information very seriously. Mypaperwriterspro does not disclose any information about our transactions with third-party services. Nobody will ever know that you have hired our paper writing service to help with your paper.
Our website offers online security for our customers. Your passwords and personal information are protected and cannot be accessed by anyone else. Our customers are assured that their accounts will not be compromised by hackers. Learn more about the data that we store and how it is used in our privacy statement.
When you order our paper service, you get unlimited free revisions and unlimited drafts. We will ensure that you submit flawless papers. Our paper help website allows you to request multiple revisions.
If the order form indicates that modifications or adjustments are required, only those should be made. These guidelines include, but are not limited to:
You can reach us by email, phone, and live chat. We are always interested in hearing from our customers. We welcome any feedback regarding our paper assistance service. Our customer service representatives are available 24/7, even on holidays and weekends. They can help you place orders, check the status of your order, answer questions, or simply provide information.
Chat with your paper specialist via our live chat. Our professionals are available for unlimited chats. All your questions will be answered within minutes
Do you still feel dissatisfied with your final paper? Don't worry. Mypaperwriterspro is committed to customer satisfaction.
Although it is rare, you can request a partial or full refund if your final paper is not written to your satisfaction. Mypaperwriterspro views our money-back guarantee more as a right than a benefit.
We believe that our clients deserve the best paper services available online. We offer a simple and straightforward refund process if you are not satisfied with the paper.