Current Event Assignments
Throughout the course of the semester, each student is expected to submit 2 Current Event Assignments. The due dates for each current event assignment are listed in your syllabus, in the assignments page on canvas, and on the modules. For each Current Event Assignment, you should find a current event that relates to the course material. This current event can be a news article (such as from the New York Times, Tampa Bay Times, or Huffington Post), popular media article (such as from Buzzfeed or Jezebel), advertisement, or a publicly available video, and must be CURRENT (i.e. published in 2019 or later). Current events are NOT informational articles on government health websites (e.g. going to the World Health Organization website and finding an article on how to prevent Zika is NOT a current event; instead, that would be a reference you could use from a reputable government/agency website. You would still need to find a current event from which to base your assignment on).
The written product will consist of:
· A brief summary of your current event (not more than approximately ½ page)
· A description of how the assigned material relates to the current event; In the description of how the assigned material relates to the current event you should include specific theories, definitions, and concepts.
· A brief conclusion. Each Current Event Assignment should be at least 2 pages, but no more than 3 pages long, excluding the cover sheet and references page. Please do not exceed the page limit. Use one-inch margins, 12-point font, and double space your text. For this assignment, do not use direct quotes from the current event. Upload your assignment through Canvas as a Word attachment. Assignments submitted in other formats will receive a 0.
Current Event Assignment #1
Current Event Assignment #1 should be based on a specific theory, definition or concept from any of the following lectures: Health and Behavior: The Big Picture, Health Issues and Behavior, and Introduction to Community.
For current event 1, such theories, definitions, or concepts could include (but are not limited to) relating a current event to the ecological model, social determinants of health, and community health. Even though the lectures include oral hygiene, obesity, youth violence, and other topics, you should not write your assignment on these topics (unless your current event also relates to one of academic concepts described in the lectures); these health concerns were merely used as examples within the lectures and do not represent a specific theory, definition, or concept from the lectures.
Please review the rubric below to see how we will assess each current event assignment.
CRITERIA / RUBRIC:
· (The assignment includes a written summary of a human health-related current event in the form of a news article (e.g. broadcast television website article, magazine article, or newspaper- see other examples on assignment page) or news video. The summary does not exceed ½ page of the total paper. The summary should be in the students own words and not include direct quotes from the current event. ***NOTE: Includes direct quotes: -1 point; Summary exceeds ½ page: -1 point; Not a news article or video: -1 point )
· The assignment clearly articulates how the current event is related to the assigned material for the lesson weeks listed for the current event. The assignment includes theories, definitions, and academic concepts from the material covered in class. An explanation is provided about how these theories, definitions and academic concepts relate to the content of the current event. (8 pts– Excellent- Critical explanation of how a) current even relates to lesson week; b) includes theories and other terms; c) explains relationship between theories/terms and the current event)
· This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome The paper ends with a short conclusion that summarizes how the current event relates to the material covered in the class.
· This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Content of paper is at least 2 full pages with 1 inch margins and 12-point font, but no more than 3 pages (excluding cover page and reference list) ** Page 1. Cover page; Pages 2-4. Content of paper; Page 5. Reference list
· APA format in-text citations are used throughout the assignment. You MUST include in-text citations in APA format. This means that you need to cite all the references (listed on your reference page, including your current event) throughout your paper. Not citing references throughout your paper, and thus taking credit for them as your own, could be considered plagiarism. ***NOTE: Not in APA: -1 point
· This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome The assignment must include at least 3 references in APA format on reference page. Please review material from lesson week 1 on how to search for peer-reviewed articles. References include: 1. Current event (with link); 2. Credible reference – such as government websites (e.g. CDC) or peer reviewed journal article; 3. Credible reference – such as government websites (e.g. CDC) or peer reviewed journal article; 4. Optional-textbook or another credible reference ***NOTE: Not in APA: -1 point
· The entire paper is well organized and written (clear, concise, minimal use of passive voice, free of typos, spelling, punctuation, and other grammatical errors).
View this related post: Finding Affordable Housing.
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Keeping in mind your instructions and guidelines, our writers ensure to do extensive research before beginning to write. Unique and quality paper is our top priority.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our team of writers and editors have many years of experience in academic writing. They are native English speakers and able to handle any academic task with ease.
Free Unlimited Revisions
We offer free unlimited revision to our clients. Whenever you feel the need to revise your work submit to our able editors. Our editors will ensure that your paper will be revised to meet your guidelines.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
As a team we work hard to ensure a timely delivery of your papers. All you need to do is specify the time frame that you want you paper be submitted. We will work round the clock to beat the deadline.
Original & Confidential
We value your confidentiality and all our payment method are secure. We also use high end writing tools to ensure that all papers delivered are unique.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support team are available 24/7 to accept your orders and queries. We are committed to provide you with the best customer experience.
What Our Paper Writing Service Guarantees
You do not have to worry on what to expect because at mypaperwriterspro.com we guarantee you;
Our team of writers and editors is composed of people with diverse writing experiences. All of them have a Ph.D. They are all Ph.D. or M.A. graduates with extensive experience in academic and essay writing. We offer high-quality, original academic writing at an affordable cost.
Every order is written from scratch. We ensure that your papers conform to English conventions and the requirements of your discipline. To ensure originality, we also perform originality checks on all academic papers. Our success rate is 99% and many of our clients achieves their desired grades.
Mypaperwriterspro has a strict anti-plagiarism policy. To ensure that your paper is not flagged as plagiarism, we take extra precautions when writing it. Professional plagiarism detection software is used by our custom paper experts.
Mypaperwriterspro takes the privacy of clients' information very seriously. Mypaperwriterspro does not disclose any information about our transactions with third-party services. Nobody will ever know that you have hired our paper writing service to help with your paper.
Our website offers online security for our customers. Your passwords and personal information are protected and cannot be accessed by anyone else. Our customers are assured that their accounts will not be compromised by hackers. Learn more about the data that we store and how it is used in our privacy statement.
When you order our paper service, you get unlimited free revisions and unlimited drafts. We will ensure that you submit flawless papers. Our paper help website allows you to request multiple revisions.
If the order form indicates that modifications or adjustments are required, only those should be made. These guidelines include, but are not limited to:
You can reach us by email, phone, and live chat. We are always interested in hearing from our customers. We welcome any feedback regarding our paper assistance service. Our customer service representatives are available 24/7, even on holidays and weekends. They can help you place orders, check the status of your order, answer questions, or simply provide information.
Chat with your paper specialist via our live chat. Our professionals are available for unlimited chats. All your questions will be answered within minutes
Do you still feel dissatisfied with your final paper? Don't worry. Mypaperwriterspro is committed to customer satisfaction.
Although it is rare, you can request a partial or full refund if your final paper is not written to your satisfaction. Mypaperwriterspro views our money-back guarantee more as a right than a benefit.
We believe that our clients deserve the best paper services available online. We offer a simple and straightforward refund process if you are not satisfied with the paper.