CRJ 180 Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Erich Goode, a way to explain adolescent involvement in delinquency is through:
social learning theory
failure to fit into conventional society
inadequate child-parent relationships
social bond theory
2. Over the past 15 years, the number of females arrested for violent crimes has increased ____ percent.
3. Infanticide is primarily committed by members of a child’s family using ____.
hands or feet
4. In 2005, the U.SHistorically, which of the following was not handled by the juvenile court?
5. Supreme Court ruled that the death penalty for offenders under the age of 18 at the time they committed their crime:
could continue as it is in line with the Stubborn Child Law of the Constitution
violates the Eighth Amendment
is acceptable to the general public and, therefore, constitutional
violates the principle of parens patriae
6. nce a juvenile is detained and a petition is filed, a hearing must be scheduled within:
7. When a juvenile is suspected of committing a crime, police have the discretion to:
release the child and report the contact
interrogate or search the child
turn the child over to their parents under the promise of punishment
both A and B are correct
8. Most youth tend to pick friends who are like themselves. The term that describes this process is called_________.
9. According to criminologist Ko-lin Chin, Chinese gang activity is dominated by:
fighting over turf
organizing prostitution rings
10. The Rochester Youth Development Study found that gang members accounted for _____ percent of the serious delinquent acts in the community.
more than 85
11. Some risk factors associated with gang membership include:
failure in school
increased drug use
all of the above are correct
12. Latchkey children are those who:
regularly pick the locks on their neighbor’s homes
have been abandoned at home by work-oriented parents
regularly care for themselves without adult supervision after school or on weekends
have highly authoritarian parents
13. In a study of the relationship between religiosity and delinquency, Travis Hirschi and Rodney Stark found that:
religious adolescents had lower rates of delinquency
religious adolescents had higher rates of delinquency
atheist adolescents had lower rates of delinquency than religious adolescents
there was no relationship between religiosity and delinquency
14. According to Russell Hill and Frank Stafford, one way mothers compensate for being in the paid labor force full-time is by:
spending more money on their children
cutting down on their own sleep and leisure time
taking time off from work to be with their children
spending more time with their children on weekends
15. According to Bruce Chadwick and Brent Top, the more _____ a person is, the less likely he or she will participate in delinquent or criminal behaviors.
16. According to the most recent Indicators of School Crime and Safety report, children were ___ times more likely to be murdered away from school than at school.
17. Children are ____ times more likely to be murdered away from school than at school.
18. The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in _____, that school officials may legally search students and their lockers without consent.
Thompson v. Carthage School District
New Jersey v. T.L.O.
Vernonia School District 47J v. Acton
West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette
19. Research has found that schools with zero-tolerance policies are _____ orderly and secure than schools, which use a case-by-case approach.
20. Peers offer each other a sense of which of the following?
all of the above are correct
21. Which one of the following is not a risk factor for very early childhood and delinquency?
exposure to lead
22. Impoverished neighborhoods often are characterized by which of the following?
high rates of self-employment
inadequate education systems
strong social support networks
both B and C are correct
23. The most effective prevention programs are aimed at children in:
the earliest stages of life
preschool and kindergarten
early Head Start program
24. The numerous early prevention programs conducted since the 1970’s have concluded that:
children are active learners and that they are better equipped to enter kindergarten
prevention is more effective among females
all crime prevention programs need to target the lower-class
early intervention in prenatal care improves child development and decreases risk factors
25. A _____ approach to the drug problem involves using a public health model to reduce the risks and consequences of using illicit drugs.
View this related post: An Acetylene Torch.
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Keeping in mind your instructions and guidelines, our writers ensure to do extensive research before beginning to write. Unique and quality paper is our top priority.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our team of writers and editors have many years of experience in academic writing. They are native English speakers and able to handle any academic task with ease.
Free Unlimited Revisions
We offer free unlimited revision to our clients. Whenever you feel the need to revise your work submit to our able editors. Our editors will ensure that your paper will be revised to meet your guidelines.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
As a team we work hard to ensure a timely delivery of your papers. All you need to do is specify the time frame that you want you paper be submitted. We will work round the clock to beat the deadline.
Original & Confidential
We value your confidentiality and all our payment method are secure. We also use high end writing tools to ensure that all papers delivered are unique.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support team are available 24/7 to accept your orders and queries. We are committed to provide you with the best customer experience.
What Our Paper Writing Service Guarantees
You do not have to worry on what to expect because at mypaperwriterspro.com we guarantee you;
Our team of writers and editors is composed of people with diverse writing experiences. All of them have a Ph.D. They are all Ph.D. or M.A. graduates with extensive experience in academic and essay writing. We offer high-quality, original academic writing at an affordable cost.
Every order is written from scratch. We ensure that your papers conform to English conventions and the requirements of your discipline. To ensure originality, we also perform originality checks on all academic papers. Our success rate is 99% and many of our clients achieves their desired grades.
Mypaperwriterspro has a strict anti-plagiarism policy. To ensure that your paper is not flagged as plagiarism, we take extra precautions when writing it. Professional plagiarism detection software is used by our custom paper experts.
Mypaperwriterspro takes the privacy of clients' information very seriously. Mypaperwriterspro does not disclose any information about our transactions with third-party services. Nobody will ever know that you have hired our paper writing service to help with your paper.
Our website offers online security for our customers. Your passwords and personal information are protected and cannot be accessed by anyone else. Our customers are assured that their accounts will not be compromised by hackers. Learn more about the data that we store and how it is used in our privacy statement.
When you order our paper service, you get unlimited free revisions and unlimited drafts. We will ensure that you submit flawless papers. Our paper help website allows you to request multiple revisions.
If the order form indicates that modifications or adjustments are required, only those should be made. These guidelines include, but are not limited to:
You can reach us by email, phone, and live chat. We are always interested in hearing from our customers. We welcome any feedback regarding our paper assistance service. Our customer service representatives are available 24/7, even on holidays and weekends. They can help you place orders, check the status of your order, answer questions, or simply provide information.
Chat with your paper specialist via our live chat. Our professionals are available for unlimited chats. All your questions will be answered within minutes
Do you still feel dissatisfied with your final paper? Don't worry. Mypaperwriterspro is committed to customer satisfaction.
Although it is rare, you can request a partial or full refund if your final paper is not written to your satisfaction. Mypaperwriterspro views our money-back guarantee more as a right than a benefit.
We believe that our clients deserve the best paper services available online. We offer a simple and straightforward refund process if you are not satisfied with the paper.