Required Resources Read/review the following resources for this activity:
· Textbook: Chapter 18, 21, 23
· Minimum of 3 scholarly sources (in addition to the textbook). The sources associated with each topic selection below can be used as part of the 3 scholarly sources.
Optional Resources to Explore Feel free to review the library guide for scholarly sources and videos at the following link:
· Link (website): History Library Guide (Links to an external site.)
Introduction The purposes of each case study assignment include the following:
· To hone your abilities to research using scholarly sources
· To advance critical thinking and writing skills
· To compile a response to the prompts provided
· To explore a historical topic and make connections to change over time
Instructions Pick one (1) of the following topics. Then, address the corresponding questions/prompts for your selected topic. Use at least one (1) documented example of the corresponding primary source in your writing.
Option 1: Big Business (Monopolies) and Exploitation of Workers View the following resource:
· Link (video): The Progressive Era (Links to an external site.) (27:30)
Browse and read one (1) of the following:
· Link (article): Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire (Links to an external site.)
· Link (library article): The Pullman Strike (Links to an external site.)
Then, address the following:
· Explain if big business leaders were “captains of industry,” “shrewd businessmen,” or “robber barons.”
· Based on one of the resources noted for this option, assess American working conditions and exploitation of workers in the Age of Industry.
· Analyze the role that government played in reforming American working conditions.
· Explain the benefits of the Federal Government regulations of monopolies.
· Analyze which progressive presidents attained economic justice and reform for workers.
Option 2: Who is A Progressive? Review the following site:
· Link (website): Presidential Election of 1912: A Resource Guide (Links to an external site.)
Then, address the following:
· According to Roosevelt, what are the characteristics of a progressive?
· Explain and give examples of the characteristics of “anti-progressives.”
· Trace what types of activities “anti-progressives” engaged in?
· Analyze the goals of progressivism.
· Explain what areas of society progressives addressed?
· Analyze the progressive achievements Roosevelt highlights in his speech?
Option 3: World War I Review the following resources:
· Link (video): A War to End All Wars: Part 2 (Links to an external site.) (6:56)
· Link (library article): The Treaty of Versailles and the Rise of Nazism (Links to an external site.)
Then, address the following:
· Trace the origins of World War I, and assess if the world war was inevitable in 1914?
· Explain if it was possible for the United States to maintain neutrality in World War I. If yes, explain how. If no, explain why not.
· Analyze if the United States should have entered World War I to make the world safe for democracy.
· Analyze if the Treaty of Versailles was a fair and effective settlement for lasting world peace.
· Explain if the United States Senate should have approved of the Treaty of Versailles.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
· Length: 3-4 pages (not including title page or references page)
· 1-inch margins
· Double spaced
· 12-point Times New Roman font
· Title page
· References page
· In-text citations that correspond with your end references
Grading This activity will be graded based on W5 Case Study Grading Rubric.
Course Outcomes (CO): 4, 5, 6
Due Date: By 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday
Dyer, J. (Director), & Dyer, J. (Producer). (2005). A war to end all wars: Part 2 [Video]. Dallas County Community College District. Academic Video Online.
Farmer, B. (2018). The Treaty of Versailles and the Rise of Nazism. New American (08856540), 34(21), 33–38. https://chamberlainuniversity.idm.oclc.org/login?url=https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=a9h&AN=132888411&site=eds-live&scope=site
The Library of Congress. (2018, October 23). Presidential election of 1912: A resource guide. https://www.loc.gov/rr/program/bib/elections/election1912.html
McNatt, E. B. (1944). The Pullman strike (Book). American Economic Review, 34(1), 184–186. https://chamberlainuniversity.idm.oclc.org/login?url=https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=bah&AN=8700110&site=eds-live&scope=site
Media Rich Communications (Producer). (2004). The progressive era [Video]. Academic Video Online.
Smith, P. (2017). The Triangle disaster: How a fire a century ago at a New York clothing factory changed U.S. labor laws. New York Times Upfront, 150(1), 11. https://chamberlainuniversity.idm.oclc.org/login?url=https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=ehh&AN=125077563&site=eds-live&scope=site.
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Keeping in mind your instructions and guidelines, our writers ensure to do extensive research before beginning to write. Unique and quality paper is our top priority.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our team of writers and editors have many years of experience in academic writing. They are native English speakers and able to handle any academic task with ease.
Free Unlimited Revisions
We offer free unlimited revision to our clients. Whenever you feel the need to revise your work submit to our able editors. Our editors will ensure that your paper will be revised to meet your guidelines.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
As a team we work hard to ensure a timely delivery of your papers. All you need to do is specify the time frame that you want you paper be submitted. We will work round the clock to beat the deadline.
Original & Confidential
We value your confidentiality and all our payment method are secure. We also use high end writing tools to ensure that all papers delivered are unique.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support team are available 24/7 to accept your orders and queries. We are committed to provide you with the best customer experience.
What Our Paper Writing Service Guarantees
You do not have to worry on what to expect because at mypaperwriterspro.com we guarantee you;
Our team of writers and editors is composed of people with diverse writing experiences. All of them have a Ph.D. They are all Ph.D. or M.A. graduates with extensive experience in academic and essay writing. We offer high-quality, original academic writing at an affordable cost.
Every order is written from scratch. We ensure that your papers conform to English conventions and the requirements of your discipline. To ensure originality, we also perform originality checks on all academic papers. Our success rate is 99% and many of our clients achieves their desired grades.
Mypaperwriterspro has a strict anti-plagiarism policy. To ensure that your paper is not flagged as plagiarism, we take extra precautions when writing it. Professional plagiarism detection software is used by our custom paper experts.
Mypaperwriterspro takes the privacy of clients' information very seriously. Mypaperwriterspro does not disclose any information about our transactions with third-party services. Nobody will ever know that you have hired our paper writing service to help with your paper.
Our website offers online security for our customers. Your passwords and personal information are protected and cannot be accessed by anyone else. Our customers are assured that their accounts will not be compromised by hackers. Learn more about the data that we store and how it is used in our privacy statement.
When you order our paper service, you get unlimited free revisions and unlimited drafts. We will ensure that you submit flawless papers. Our paper help website allows you to request multiple revisions.
If the order form indicates that modifications or adjustments are required, only those should be made. These guidelines include, but are not limited to:
You can reach us by email, phone, and live chat. We are always interested in hearing from our customers. We welcome any feedback regarding our paper assistance service. Our customer service representatives are available 24/7, even on holidays and weekends. They can help you place orders, check the status of your order, answer questions, or simply provide information.
Chat with your paper specialist via our live chat. Our professionals are available for unlimited chats. All your questions will be answered within minutes
Do you still feel dissatisfied with your final paper? Don't worry. Mypaperwriterspro is committed to customer satisfaction.
Although it is rare, you can request a partial or full refund if your final paper is not written to your satisfaction. Mypaperwriterspro views our money-back guarantee more as a right than a benefit.
We believe that our clients deserve the best paper services available online. We offer a simple and straightforward refund process if you are not satisfied with the paper.