Question: Matching our ideas about community with community work models/approaches.
“For community development, the integration of theory and practice brings together our theoretical understandings of how society works, and our vision of how we would like it to work, with specific strategies and tasks.” (Kenny 2017)
I. Choose a community from Australia that you would like to work with to address an area of change. Focus on specific geographical area, such as a town, a suburb, or neighbourhood.
II. Discuss the desired change(s) you and the community would like to see and describe how this would occur. Discuss the approach or model of community work that would best achieve this.
Assessment Criteria: The paper will be assessed according to the following criteria
· Clear definition and explanation of your view of a community (Weight: 30%).
· Demonstrates a good understanding of a community work model or approach and how it would help to achieve change (s) (Weight: 30%).
· Critical analysis of the community work model in relation to the tensions, debates and wider theoretical issues in contemporary society (Weight: 20%).
· Quality of writing and presentation (eg. spelling, grammar, punctuation and presentation) (Weight: 10%).
· Correct Referencing (minimum of 8 academic references among which 5 should be from the suggested list of readings, consistent use of a reference system, preferably APA 6th) (Weight: 10%).
Suggested Readings and Learning Materials: Readings should reflect on your assignment
· Twelvetrees, A. (2008). Introduction: What is Community Work? (Chapter 1) Community Work, 4th ed. Palgrave, Basingstoke. Pages 1-18.
· Hardcastle,Powers and Wenocur (2004) ‘Theory-based, Model-based Community Practice (Chapter 2, pp 33-60)’ in Community Practice: Theories and Skills for Social Workers. 2nd Ed,Oxford University Press, New York.
· Rothman J., (1995) ‘Approaches to Community Intervention’ p26-63 in Jack Rothman and Johan Tropman (eds) Strategies of Community Intervention: Macro Practice, 5th Edn, Peacock, Illinois.
· Stringer, Ernest T (2007) Action Research, 3rd Edition, Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks. (Chapter 7, Strategic Planning for Sustainable Change and Development, pages 145-167)
· Yeneabat, M & Butterfield, A.K. (2012)”We can’t eat a road: Asset-Based Community Development and the Gedam Sefer Community Partnership in Ethiopia.” Journal of Community Practice, 20 (1-2),pp 134-153
· Mendes (2002) ‘Social workers and the ethical dilemmas of community action campaigns lessons from the Australian State ofVictoria. Community Development Journal, Vol37, No. 2, April pp 157-166.
· Chaplin, A. (2010)Social movements in Bolivia: from strength to power. Community Development Journal, Vol 45 (3) pp 346-355
· Communities of hope : a strengths-based resource for building community.Wayne McCashen;[commissioned by Anglicare Australia]. – Bendigo, Vic. : St Luke’s Innovative Resources, 2004.
· Wood, J., Savaiano, P (2009) ‘Room to read: the democratization of literacy’ in Stout, C.E. (ed)The new humanitarians: Inspiration, innovations and blueprints for visionaries, Vol 2, Praeger. Westport. pp 15-30.
· Grey, M. & Crofts, P (2008) Social Development and its relevance to Australian Social Work.Australian Social Work. Vol. 61, No.1 March.
· Taylor, J., Edwards, J., Champion, S., Cheers,S., Chong, A., Cummins, R and Cheers, B (2012) ‘Towards a Conceptual understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community and Community Functioning’. Community Development Journal, Vol 47 No 1, January 2012. Pp 94-110
· Gilchrist, A. (2009). The well-connected community (Second edition): A networking approach to community development. Bristol, UK: Policy Press at the University of Bristol.
· Ennis, G., & West, D. (2012). Using social network analysis in community development practice and research: a case study. Community Development Journal, 48(1), 40-57.
· Bellis, M. A., Phillips-Howard, P. A., Hughes, K., Hughes, S., Cook, P. A., Morleo, M., … & Jones, L. (2009). Teenage drinking, alcohol availability and pricing: a cross-sectional study of risk and protective factors for alcohol-related harms in school children. BMC Public health, 9(1), 380.
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Keeping in mind your instructions and guidelines, our writers ensure to do extensive research before beginning to write. Unique and quality paper is our top priority.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our team of writers and editors have many years of experience in academic writing. They are native English speakers and able to handle any academic task with ease.
Free Unlimited Revisions
We offer free unlimited revision to our clients. Whenever you feel the need to revise your work submit to our able editors. Our editors will ensure that your paper will be revised to meet your guidelines.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
As a team we work hard to ensure a timely delivery of your papers. All you need to do is specify the time frame that you want you paper be submitted. We will work round the clock to beat the deadline.
Original & Confidential
We value your confidentiality and all our payment method are secure. We also use high end writing tools to ensure that all papers delivered are unique.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support team are available 24/7 to accept your orders and queries. We are committed to provide you with the best customer experience.
What Our Paper Writing Service Guarantees
You do not have to worry on what to expect because at mypaperwriterspro.com we guarantee you;
Our team of writers and editors is composed of people with diverse writing experiences. All of them have a Ph.D. They are all Ph.D. or M.A. graduates with extensive experience in academic and essay writing. We offer high-quality, original academic writing at an affordable cost.
Every order is written from scratch. We ensure that your papers conform to English conventions and the requirements of your discipline. To ensure originality, we also perform originality checks on all academic papers. Our success rate is 99% and many of our clients achieves their desired grades.
Mypaperwriterspro has a strict anti-plagiarism policy. To ensure that your paper is not flagged as plagiarism, we take extra precautions when writing it. Professional plagiarism detection software is used by our custom paper experts.
Mypaperwriterspro takes the privacy of clients' information very seriously. Mypaperwriterspro does not disclose any information about our transactions with third-party services. Nobody will ever know that you have hired our paper writing service to help with your paper.
Our website offers online security for our customers. Your passwords and personal information are protected and cannot be accessed by anyone else. Our customers are assured that their accounts will not be compromised by hackers. Learn more about the data that we store and how it is used in our privacy statement.
When you order our paper service, you get unlimited free revisions and unlimited drafts. We will ensure that you submit flawless papers. Our paper help website allows you to request multiple revisions.
If the order form indicates that modifications or adjustments are required, only those should be made. These guidelines include, but are not limited to:
You can reach us by email, phone, and live chat. We are always interested in hearing from our customers. We welcome any feedback regarding our paper assistance service. Our customer service representatives are available 24/7, even on holidays and weekends. They can help you place orders, check the status of your order, answer questions, or simply provide information.
Chat with your paper specialist via our live chat. Our professionals are available for unlimited chats. All your questions will be answered within minutes
Do you still feel dissatisfied with your final paper? Don't worry. Mypaperwriterspro is committed to customer satisfaction.
Although it is rare, you can request a partial or full refund if your final paper is not written to your satisfaction. Mypaperwriterspro views our money-back guarantee more as a right than a benefit.
We believe that our clients deserve the best paper services available online. We offer a simple and straightforward refund process if you are not satisfied with the paper.