1. Which of the following was not a part of Robert Peel’s guidelines for a community oriented police force?
a. The power of the police depended on public approval of their actions.
b. As public cooperation increased, the need for physical force by the police decreased.
c. The maximum amount of force needed to be used when persuasion and warning failed.
d. The officers needed to display impartial service to law.
2. The movement to initiate policing in America began in:
a. Chicago c. New Orleans
b. New York City d. Baltimore
3. In summary, the nineteenth century police officer was essentially a:
a. Crime fighter c. Federal agent
b. Political operative d. “Keystone Kop”
4. The problem of police-community relations was perhaps more _______ in the nineteenth century than in the late twentieth century.
a. Ambiguous and complex
b. Volatile yet simple
c. Insignificant yet commonplace
d. Rare yet dictatorial
5. During the decade of the early 1900s, the most important change in policing was the advent of the:
a. Automobile c. Baton
b. Telephone d. Two-way radio
6. Major developments in policing during the 1930s included all but which of the following?
a. A redefinition of the police role
b. The appearance of genuine empirical studies of policing
c. The rejection of the crime fighter image by police departments
d. The ascendancy of the crime fighter image
7. The Community Patrol Officer Program (CPOP) was instituted in 1984 in:
a. New York City c. Los Angeles
b. Denver d. Miami
8. This commission completed the first national study of crime and criminal justice, issuing 14 reports.
a. National Advisory Commission on Criminal Justice Standards and Goals
b. National Advisory Commission on Civil Disorders
c. Wickersham Commission
d. Kennedy Commission
9. Newark’s evaluation of foot patrol found all but which of the following outcomes?
a. Increased satisfaction with police service
b. Crime rates greatly decreased
c. A significant reduction of perceived crime problems
d. Increase in perceived level of safety of the neighborhood
10. First and foremost, to address terrorism COPPS can assist by encouraging:
a. Greater expenditures for biological terrorism research
b. More protection for members of the media to report an attack
c. Less bickering in Congress for terrorism preparedness
d. The police and citizens to work together to ensure our collective safety
11. Peel’s reform effort encountered strong opposition during its first three years.
12. Community policing can be traced back to Peel’s philosophy on which he built his public police in 1829.
13. By 1840, only a few American cities had police forces based on Peel’s model.
14. The 19th-century police officer enjoyed widespread acceptance by the public.
15. During the “professional model” of policing, police organizations became law enforcement agencies, with the sole goal of controlling crime.
16. O. W. Wilson became the principal architect of the police reform strategy.
17. The professional model of policing effectively kept crime rates low during the 1960s and 1970s.
18. Under “team policing,” officers were divided into teams and assigned permanently to small geographic areas.
19. Goldstein found that police officers can solve all crimes successfully and work with citizens to solve problems.
20. Community oriented policing provides officers with a narrow use of discretion.
View this related post: Frequently Asked Questions Sheet.
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Keeping in mind your instructions and guidelines, our writers ensure to do extensive research before beginning to write. Unique and quality paper is our top priority.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our team of writers and editors have many years of experience in academic writing. They are native English speakers and able to handle any academic task with ease.
Free Unlimited Revisions
We offer free unlimited revision to our clients. Whenever you feel the need to revise your work submit to our able editors. Our editors will ensure that your paper will be revised to meet your guidelines.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
As a team we work hard to ensure a timely delivery of your papers. All you need to do is specify the time frame that you want you paper be submitted. We will work round the clock to beat the deadline.
Original & Confidential
We value your confidentiality and all our payment method are secure. We also use high end writing tools to ensure that all papers delivered are unique.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support team are available 24/7 to accept your orders and queries. We are committed to provide you with the best customer experience.
What Our Paper Writing Service Guarantees
You do not have to worry on what to expect because at mypaperwriterspro.com we guarantee you;
Our team of writers and editors is composed of people with diverse writing experiences. All of them have a Ph.D. They are all Ph.D. or M.A. graduates with extensive experience in academic and essay writing. We offer high-quality, original academic writing at an affordable cost.
Every order is written from scratch. We ensure that your papers conform to English conventions and the requirements of your discipline. To ensure originality, we also perform originality checks on all academic papers. Our success rate is 99% and many of our clients achieves their desired grades.
Mypaperwriterspro has a strict anti-plagiarism policy. To ensure that your paper is not flagged as plagiarism, we take extra precautions when writing it. Professional plagiarism detection software is used by our custom paper experts.
Mypaperwriterspro takes the privacy of clients' information very seriously. Mypaperwriterspro does not disclose any information about our transactions with third-party services. Nobody will ever know that you have hired our paper writing service to help with your paper.
Our website offers online security for our customers. Your passwords and personal information are protected and cannot be accessed by anyone else. Our customers are assured that their accounts will not be compromised by hackers. Learn more about the data that we store and how it is used in our privacy statement.
When you order our paper service, you get unlimited free revisions and unlimited drafts. We will ensure that you submit flawless papers. Our paper help website allows you to request multiple revisions.
If the order form indicates that modifications or adjustments are required, only those should be made. These guidelines include, but are not limited to:
You can reach us by email, phone, and live chat. We are always interested in hearing from our customers. We welcome any feedback regarding our paper assistance service. Our customer service representatives are available 24/7, even on holidays and weekends. They can help you place orders, check the status of your order, answer questions, or simply provide information.
Chat with your paper specialist via our live chat. Our professionals are available for unlimited chats. All your questions will be answered within minutes
Do you still feel dissatisfied with your final paper? Don't worry. Mypaperwriterspro is committed to customer satisfaction.
Although it is rare, you can request a partial or full refund if your final paper is not written to your satisfaction. Mypaperwriterspro views our money-back guarantee more as a right than a benefit.
We believe that our clients deserve the best paper services available online. We offer a simple and straightforward refund process if you are not satisfied with the paper.