Community health nurses practice in a variety of settings. The purpose of this paper is to describe the community setting and analyze the role of a nurse in the assigned setting. Health promotion nursing interventions and a professional nursing organization related to this role will also be examined.
The topic for this paper is the role of a nurse in a faith community setting.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
· CO5: Analyze the nursing roles in providing comprehensive care in a variety of community health settings. (PO 1)
· CO6: Utilize a systems-based and collaborative approach to address factors that influence the health of a community and population health problems. (PO 2)
Points: 200 Points
Watch the tutorial on tips for completing the Community Settings and Community Health Nursing Roles assignment.
This APA paper is expected to be no more than four pages in length (not including the title page and reference list). Below are the requirements for successful completion of this paper. Please use the recommended APA Template linked below, which incorporates the following categories as the first level headings on your paper. APA formatting helps you to organize your paper in a professional manner and provides consistent methods for citing your sources and completing your reference page. See the documents in the APA category in Course Resources for assistance with APA formatting. The Student Success Strategies resource has great sections on writing scholarly papers and APA formatting.
1. The community health setting for this paper must be a faith community such as a church/parish, or other congregation.
2. Click to view and download the Community Settings APA Template (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. to complete your paper. The template is formatted with the appropriate running head, title page, page numbers, paragraph formatting, and most of the headings. Please edit the headers and title page with your specific information. You are also encouraged to view the Week 4 assignment tutorial found at the end of the Academic Integrity Reminder.
3. Read the chapter of your textbook on the assigned community health setting and take notes based on the outline below.
4. Locate and read at least one scholarly peer-reviewed journal article that is not assigned in the course related to a nurse’s role in health promotion in this setting. Go to the library at http:/library.chamberlain.edu (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Search peer reviewed journals to find a scholarly article on this topic. The article must be less than 10 years old (less than 5 years is best).
5. Thoroughly address the following categories using the APA Template that is provided.
· Introduction (one paragraph):
o The introduction should be interesting and capture the reader’s attention.
o Introduce the assigned community setting
o Briefly identify CHN role(s) in this setting
o Identify vulnerable population(s) served in this setting
o Include a purpose statement
· Community Setting (two to three paragraphs)
o Describe the assigned community setting, including vulnerable population(s) served.
o Discuss three health services provided by the a CHN in the assigned setting.
o Use your textbook or an outside scholarly source to address these sub-points.
· Health Promotion Nursing Intervention (two to three paragraphs)
o Describe in detail health promotion intervention(s) that a CHN could implement in the assigned community setting.
o Identify people/organizations/community members this CHN role may collaborate with in health promotion interventions.
o Utilize at least one peer-reviewed scholarly article related to a health promotion intervention.
· Professional Nursing Organization (two paragraphs)
o Provide a detailed description of a professional nursing organization related to the assigned community setting. Search the text, your article, or the Internet for one professional organization that supports nurses in this role. If you can’t find an organization specific to this group, search the American Nurses Association (ANA) website for information on this role. Cite the organization in the body of the text with (organization name, year), and include a complete reference on the reference page.
o Discuss one professional issue that this organization is addressing related to the assigned community setting.
· Summary (one paragraph)
The summary reiterates key points about:
o The community setting and the CHN role(s)
o Health promotion intervention
o Professional organization
o Includes a concluding statement.
· Reference Page: The reference page should start on a new page (insert a page break). All references should be cited within the body of the paper as (author or organization, year), and the full reference should be included in APA format on the reference page. A URL link alone is not an adequate reference. See the Chamberlain Guidelines for Professional Writing in the APA Folder in Program Resources for examples of properly formatted references.
The setting for this paper must be a faith community.
· Application: Use Microsoft Word 2010™ or later to create this assignment on the template provided.
· We highly recommend that you used the specific APA paper template for this assignment linked above as the headings are already included.
· Scholarly Writing: APA format is required. Review APA documents in Program Resources, and use the free resources of tutor.com for writing tutors.
· Length: This paper is expected to be no more than 4 pages in length (not including the title page and reference list).
· Quotations should be minimal—please paraphrase your sources. A maximum of one quotation should be used for this paper.
· Save your paper with your last name in the document title (e.g., Smith Community Settings).
· Submission: Submit your paper by 11:59 p.m. MT Sunday of Week 4.
· Late Submission: See the course policy on late submissions.
Best Practices in Preparing the Paper
The following are best practices in preparing this project.
· Follow the guidelines above carefully.
· Use only the assigned community setting.
· Complete you own work.
· Use the provided APA assignment specific template.
· Ask you instructor if you have any questions.
· Visit the SSPRNBSN Student Success resource for help with writing a scholarly paper, APA formatting, and library navigation. This should be one of your course tiles.
· Use the 1st column of the grading rubric to make sure all elements of the paper are addressed.
· Cite all sources within the paper as well as on the reference page.
· Proofread prior to final submission.
· Check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission with Grammarly.com or the free tutor available through the Tutoring link in the course.
Type your one-paragraph introduction here, and remove all yellow highlighted instructions.
Update the course number on the title page. The introduction should be interesting and capture the reader’s attention. Introduce the assigned community setting and briefly identify CHN role(s) in this setting. Identify vulnerable population(s) served in this setting. Include a purpose statement.
See the APA file in Resources for additional writing resources such as the APA Annotated Paper and the Chamberlain Guidelines for Writing Professional Papers.
Describe the assigned community setting in two to three paragraphs, including vulnerable population(s) served. Discuss three health services provided a CHN in the assigned setting. Support with textbook or scholarly source. Cite your source and include a complete reference on the reference page.
Health Promotion Nursing Intervention
Describe in detail health promotion intervention(s) that a CHN could implement in the assigned community setting. (two to three paragraphs). Identify people/organizations/community members this CHN role may collaborate with in health promotion interventions. Support this health promotion intervention with at least one peer-reviewed journal article and cite your source (Author[s], year) in the body of your paper. Include the full APA reference for the article(s) in the reference page.
Professional Nursing Organization
Provide a detailed description of a professional nursing organization related to the assigned community setting. (two paragraphs). Search the text, your article, or the Internet for one professional organization that supports nurses in this CHN role. Provide a detailed description of this organization in your own words. If you can’t find an organization specific to this group, search the American Nurses Association website for information on this setting. Cite the organization in the body of the text with (Organization Name, year), and include a complete reference on the reference page. Discuss one professional issue that this organization is addressing related to the assigned community setting.
End with a summary and conclusion (one paragraph). In one well-developed paragraph, summarize important points from the body of your paper including the setting and CHN role(s), health promotion intervention(s), and professional organization. End with a concluding statement.
No matter how much space remains on the page, the references always start on a separate page (insert a page break after the conclusion so that the references will start on a new page).
Type your references in alphabetical order here using the hanging indents set up here. Include all references cited in your paper. This must include one scholarly peer-reviewed journal article that was discussed above. Also reference the professional organization you discussed (a URL link is not sufficient) and the text if you discussed it above. See your APA Manual and the resources in your APA folder in Course Resources for reference formatting.
Nies, M. A., & McEwen, M. (2019). Community/Public health nursing: Promoting the health of populations (7th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Saunders/Elsevier.
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Keeping in mind your instructions and guidelines, our writers ensure to do extensive research before beginning to write. Unique and quality paper is our top priority.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our team of writers and editors have many years of experience in academic writing. They are native English speakers and able to handle any academic task with ease.
Free Unlimited Revisions
We offer free unlimited revision to our clients. Whenever you feel the need to revise your work submit to our able editors. Our editors will ensure that your paper will be revised to meet your guidelines.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
As a team we work hard to ensure a timely delivery of your papers. All you need to do is specify the time frame that you want you paper be submitted. We will work round the clock to beat the deadline.
Original & Confidential
We value your confidentiality and all our payment method are secure. We also use high end writing tools to ensure that all papers delivered are unique.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support team are available 24/7 to accept your orders and queries. We are committed to provide you with the best customer experience.
What Our Paper Writing Service Guarantees
You do not have to worry on what to expect because at mypaperwriterspro.com we guarantee you;
Our team of writers and editors is composed of people with diverse writing experiences. All of them have a Ph.D. They are all Ph.D. or M.A. graduates with extensive experience in academic and essay writing. We offer high-quality, original academic writing at an affordable cost.
Every order is written from scratch. We ensure that your papers conform to English conventions and the requirements of your discipline. To ensure originality, we also perform originality checks on all academic papers. Our success rate is 99% and many of our clients achieves their desired grades.
Mypaperwriterspro has a strict anti-plagiarism policy. To ensure that your paper is not flagged as plagiarism, we take extra precautions when writing it. Professional plagiarism detection software is used by our custom paper experts.
Mypaperwriterspro takes the privacy of clients' information very seriously. Mypaperwriterspro does not disclose any information about our transactions with third-party services. Nobody will ever know that you have hired our paper writing service to help with your paper.
Our website offers online security for our customers. Your passwords and personal information are protected and cannot be accessed by anyone else. Our customers are assured that their accounts will not be compromised by hackers. Learn more about the data that we store and how it is used in our privacy statement.
When you order our paper service, you get unlimited free revisions and unlimited drafts. We will ensure that you submit flawless papers. Our paper help website allows you to request multiple revisions.
If the order form indicates that modifications or adjustments are required, only those should be made. These guidelines include, but are not limited to:
You can reach us by email, phone, and live chat. We are always interested in hearing from our customers. We welcome any feedback regarding our paper assistance service. Our customer service representatives are available 24/7, even on holidays and weekends. They can help you place orders, check the status of your order, answer questions, or simply provide information.
Chat with your paper specialist via our live chat. Our professionals are available for unlimited chats. All your questions will be answered within minutes
Do you still feel dissatisfied with your final paper? Don't worry. Mypaperwriterspro is committed to customer satisfaction.
Although it is rare, you can request a partial or full refund if your final paper is not written to your satisfaction. Mypaperwriterspro views our money-back guarantee more as a right than a benefit.
We believe that our clients deserve the best paper services available online. We offer a simple and straightforward refund process if you are not satisfied with the paper.