Assessment and Evaluation for STEM Teachers
Directions: Please answer each discussion question using 175 words per question, must use incite citation and APA style formatting. Each Response is 100 words.
1. In the teaching and assessment cycle steps of, “plan, teach, assess, collect data, evaluate data, and plan again,” which do you think is the most important step and why?
2. Most data analyses result in outliers who fall on either end of the bell curve. How will you assist students on both ends of the spectrum, those who tested well below the norm, and those who tested well above the norm?
3. Lacey Wrote: When it comes to the bell curve and analyzing data, you will have outliers and sometimes those outliers signify a couple of things. Either a struggling student or a student that is a high-performing student that is a special student. These students do need to be addressed to ensure they are getting the assistance needed to help them comprehend and learn, possibly evaluated with a learning disability or accommodated due to something that might be unknown until addressed (Ehren, n.d.). For students who might be struggling to keep up with the average, RTI is a way for the educator to help prevent them from falling too far through the cracks. If students can be met early with an RTI it is quite possible to assist and ensure they are not having serious problems which will help them bypass special education and to be in the normal classroom setting. For those students who are high performing, it is key to making sure that teachers do challenge them or if there is an advanced placement option, to send them into that classroom or suggest it and give them the option. If not, try to include another aspect to the lesson and making sure it is included in the planning (Ehren, n.d.).
4. Stefanie wrote: In the teaching and assessment cycle steps, I think that the plan again step is the most important. I agree with my classmates that all steps are important in the process, and to have successful students, a teacher must be able to master all steps, but the ability to adjust the course based on the information that was gathered, to possibly admit that what you were doing was not working for a class, is what separates good from great. As humans, I think it is hard for most of us to admit when we have done something incorrectly, that our students did not get to the end point that we wanted or needed them to get to. I believe the ability to course correct and make changes in order to give the students what they need, not how we have always taught the material, makes the plan again step the most important.
The implementing change step comes after all evidence has been gathered and interpreted, a good assessment requires that changes are put into action based on those results in order to improve what was studied (Steps in the Assessment Cycle, n.d.). If a teacher takes the time to complete all previous steps, but does not do anything with the information, that time and information is worthless and wasted (The Assessment Process, n.d.). The whole assessment process has failed if the results of the assessment do not lead to improvements of the process (The Assessment Process, n.d.). Results from the assessment cycle can also be shared with other faculty, allowing for more input and chance for improvement. Some results may show that big changes may be necessary, while sometimes just a minor tweak may change the whole outcome of the assessment.
5. Troy wrote: I keep going back and forth on which step of the cycle is most important. I finally landed on a teacher’s ability to evaluate data. Teachers need to have the ability to interpret or evaluate data to find the gaps to meet learning standards (McMillan, 2018). A teacher may create the best possible lesson or assessment. They may even have every student engaged in the classroom, but that does not always translate to meeting learning standards. Evaluating data properly measures student outcomes and holds teachers, students, and schools accountable (Educational Evaluation, n.d.). Evaluating data leads to different avenues. Data can validate a lesson or lead to revamping an entire curriculum. When I look at the assessment data (student growth) and understand the student’s performance is at expected levels, I do not go back and plan again or reteach. If student growth is not acceptable, planning, teaching, assessing are all on the table again to meet learning outcomes. All parts of the learning process are important. There is no one correct answer. I feel in science, data evaluation may carry a little more weight.
Check out this related post: Managing Diversity in the Workplace.
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Keeping in mind your instructions and guidelines, our writers ensure to do extensive research before beginning to write. Unique and quality paper is our top priority.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our team of writers and editors have many years of experience in academic writing. They are native English speakers and able to handle any academic task with ease.
Free Unlimited Revisions
We offer free unlimited revision to our clients. Whenever you feel the need to revise your work submit to our able editors. Our editors will ensure that your paper will be revised to meet your guidelines.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
As a team we work hard to ensure a timely delivery of your papers. All you need to do is specify the time frame that you want you paper be submitted. We will work round the clock to beat the deadline.
Original & Confidential
We value your confidentiality and all our payment method are secure. We also use high end writing tools to ensure that all papers delivered are unique.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support team are available 24/7 to accept your orders and queries. We are committed to provide you with the best customer experience.
What Our Paper Writing Service Guarantees
You do not have to worry on what to expect because at mypaperwriterspro.com we guarantee you;
Our team of writers and editors is composed of people with diverse writing experiences. All of them have a Ph.D. They are all Ph.D. or M.A. graduates with extensive experience in academic and essay writing. We offer high-quality, original academic writing at an affordable cost.
Every order is written from scratch. We ensure that your papers conform to English conventions and the requirements of your discipline. To ensure originality, we also perform originality checks on all academic papers. Our success rate is 99% and many of our clients achieves their desired grades.
Mypaperwriterspro has a strict anti-plagiarism policy. To ensure that your paper is not flagged as plagiarism, we take extra precautions when writing it. Professional plagiarism detection software is used by our custom paper experts.
Mypaperwriterspro takes the privacy of clients' information very seriously. Mypaperwriterspro does not disclose any information about our transactions with third-party services. Nobody will ever know that you have hired our paper writing service to help with your paper.
Our website offers online security for our customers. Your passwords and personal information are protected and cannot be accessed by anyone else. Our customers are assured that their accounts will not be compromised by hackers. Learn more about the data that we store and how it is used in our privacy statement.
When you order our paper service, you get unlimited free revisions and unlimited drafts. We will ensure that you submit flawless papers. Our paper help website allows you to request multiple revisions.
If the order form indicates that modifications or adjustments are required, only those should be made. These guidelines include, but are not limited to:
You can reach us by email, phone, and live chat. We are always interested in hearing from our customers. We welcome any feedback regarding our paper assistance service. Our customer service representatives are available 24/7, even on holidays and weekends. They can help you place orders, check the status of your order, answer questions, or simply provide information.
Chat with your paper specialist via our live chat. Our professionals are available for unlimited chats. All your questions will be answered within minutes
Do you still feel dissatisfied with your final paper? Don't worry. Mypaperwriterspro is committed to customer satisfaction.
Although it is rare, you can request a partial or full refund if your final paper is not written to your satisfaction. Mypaperwriterspro views our money-back guarantee more as a right than a benefit.
We believe that our clients deserve the best paper services available online. We offer a simple and straightforward refund process if you are not satisfied with the paper.