Accounting homework help: Mr. Z (real name Josh Zubkoff) runs a successful chain of cheese and wine shops in Oregon that specialize in Oregon artisan cheeses and local wines. He also sells his cheeses and wines in packages over the internet. He is considering expanding his business, but he thinks his current accounting and financial systems are restricting his ability to expand. He has come to you for assistance.
Your supervisor met with Mr. Z and discussed his requirements in detail. At that meeting, they agreed on the following deliverables for your project.
1. Plan and manage your project with one of the tools listed in the separate Project Management Software Short List document. First, identify all the tasks and the team member(s) that will perform each task (the entire team may perform certain tasks). Then, each class period should start with a review of pending tasks and submitting your plan for the day to the dropbox.
2. Document process activity using BPMN. After gaining an understanding of Z CHEDDR’s business processes, you will document current processes using business process modeling notation (BPMN). This involves documenting at least five current business processes. Each member of your team must prepare at least one BPMN diagram. These diagrams will serve multiple purposes. Z CHEDDR expects to use them to train new employees. In addition, they will provide information about potential improvements to those processes by the efficient use of information technology. They will also highlight areas of exposure to unnecessary risks in his business. As you finalize the BPMN diagrams, you should review the diagrams with Mr. Z and Prof. Smith (Mr. Z will evaluate whether the diagram accurately reflects his business, and Prof. Smith will evaluate whether the diagram meets BPMN standards.)
3. Prepare an integrated data model using UML class diagrams and the REA framework. This data model will serve as the blueprint for Z CHEDDR’s prototype database that you will also develop. Also, prepare a corresponding data listing[footnoteRef:1] for the prototype database. Identify where different fields/attribute names provide the same information and develop recommendations for changes in field names. Review the data model with both Mr. Z and Prof Smith before working on developing your database. [1: The data listing is different than the table listings that you have prepared. You are to list all the attributes/fields in alphabetic order, define what the field means, indicate which table(s) contain that field, and whether it is a primary key or foreign key in those tables. ]
4. Prepare a prototype database for Z CHEDDR. Mr. Z has agreed to provide financial data from his business for the 1st quarter of his fiscal year. That data will be in EXCEL format. You will move the data into Access, structure it appropriately, and set relationships consistent with your data model. Make changes as necessary in file structures to implement efficient tables and eliminate duplication.
5. Answer the Z Cheddr questions in CONNECT. Follow the CONNECT instructions and prepare appropriate queries to answer the questions (rather than using the EXCEL data).
6. Prepare financial reports using your database. You will prepare queries as necessary to provide the following reports and management information.
a. Z CHEDDR income statement for the 1st quarter.
b. Z CHEDDR balance sheet as of the end of the 1st quarter.
c. Income statements for each Z CHEDDR stores for the 1st quarter.
d. Other performance measures, such as ROA, ROE, Inventory turnover, etc., that you believe would be important to Z CHEDDR management.
7. Evaluate the financial performance of Z CHEDDR for the 1st quarter. Use your Access queries to also prepare formal financial statements and compute appropriate ratios to evaluate performance against the industry and past performance. Also, use one of the analytics software products, Tableau or Power BI, to compare results for the current quarter against historical performance and industry performance to the extent that you can find comparable industry data. Clearly explain what those performance measures mean for Z CHEDDR.
8. Recommend changes to Z CHEDDR business processes necessary to implement an integrated system that will capture sales and inventory information at each store, track inventory movement, manage human resource information and payroll, integrate with the Z Cheddr website, etc. You may assume that Mr. Z has committed to purchasing smart cash registers for each store, mobile devices for van drivers, and other technology necessary to implement the integrated system. Document your recommendations for at least three critical processes by preparing BPMN diagrams that describe Z CHEDDR processes post-implementation. Explain how your recommended changes will create value for Z CHEDDR.
9. Evaluate the extent to which Z CHEDDR complies with COSO principles and recommend appropriate and cost-effective actions to bring Z CHEDDR into compliance, improve internal controls and reduce risk.
Report to Z CHEDDR
Submit all the deliverables in one report to Z CHEDDR at the end of the project. Also, submit your prototype Access database with all the queries along with that report. Include a cover page and table of contents. Present your report in an executive summary style and not longer than 6 pages not counting the cover page, table of contents, any appendices or attachments. Include financial statements, data model, BPMN activity diagrams, and other information necessary to support your analyses and conclusions in appendices or attachments. Make your report content clear to an accounting novice such as Mr. Z. Present your findings using tables, charts, and bullet points whenever possible. Avoid long paragraphs.
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Keeping in mind your instructions and guidelines, our writers ensure to do extensive research before beginning to write. Unique and quality paper is our top priority.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our team of writers and editors have many years of experience in academic writing. They are native English speakers and able to handle any academic task with ease.
Free Unlimited Revisions
We offer free unlimited revision to our clients. Whenever you feel the need to revise your work submit to our able editors. Our editors will ensure that your paper will be revised to meet your guidelines.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
As a team we work hard to ensure a timely delivery of your papers. All you need to do is specify the time frame that you want you paper be submitted. We will work round the clock to beat the deadline.
Original & Confidential
We value your confidentiality and all our payment method are secure. We also use high end writing tools to ensure that all papers delivered are unique.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support team are available 24/7 to accept your orders and queries. We are committed to provide you with the best customer experience.
What Our Paper Writing Service Guarantees
You do not have to worry on what to expect because at mypaperwriterspro.com we guarantee you;
Our team of writers and editors is composed of people with diverse writing experiences. All of them have a Ph.D. They are all Ph.D. or M.A. graduates with extensive experience in academic and essay writing. We offer high-quality, original academic writing at an affordable cost.
Every order is written from scratch. We ensure that your papers conform to English conventions and the requirements of your discipline. To ensure originality, we also perform originality checks on all academic papers. Our success rate is 99% and many of our clients achieves their desired grades.
Mypaperwriterspro has a strict anti-plagiarism policy. To ensure that your paper is not flagged as plagiarism, we take extra precautions when writing it. Professional plagiarism detection software is used by our custom paper experts.
Mypaperwriterspro takes the privacy of clients' information very seriously. Mypaperwriterspro does not disclose any information about our transactions with third-party services. Nobody will ever know that you have hired our paper writing service to help with your paper.
Our website offers online security for our customers. Your passwords and personal information are protected and cannot be accessed by anyone else. Our customers are assured that their accounts will not be compromised by hackers. Learn more about the data that we store and how it is used in our privacy statement.
When you order our paper service, you get unlimited free revisions and unlimited drafts. We will ensure that you submit flawless papers. Our paper help website allows you to request multiple revisions.
If the order form indicates that modifications or adjustments are required, only those should be made. These guidelines include, but are not limited to:
You can reach us by email, phone, and live chat. We are always interested in hearing from our customers. We welcome any feedback regarding our paper assistance service. Our customer service representatives are available 24/7, even on holidays and weekends. They can help you place orders, check the status of your order, answer questions, or simply provide information.
Chat with your paper specialist via our live chat. Our professionals are available for unlimited chats. All your questions will be answered within minutes
Do you still feel dissatisfied with your final paper? Don't worry. Mypaperwriterspro is committed to customer satisfaction.
Although it is rare, you can request a partial or full refund if your final paper is not written to your satisfaction. Mypaperwriterspro views our money-back guarantee more as a right than a benefit.
We believe that our clients deserve the best paper services available online. We offer a simple and straightforward refund process if you are not satisfied with the paper.