SHORT ANSWER QUESTIONS
Please answer all 8 questions and provide an explanation or rationale for your answers. Your answers should fully answer the questions and should apply the law to the facts where applicable. Please cite the law used. Please write at least 2 paragraphs for each question.
1. St. Joseph’s Day School is a private Catholic elementary school. It employs 43 people. Paula is a fourth grade teacher at the school. She is unmarried. When she announces to her supervisor that she is pregnant, she is fired the next day. Paula files a claim with the EEOC. What is the likely result and why?
2. Cindy works as a receptionist for ABC Corporation, a brokerage company that has about 15 employees. She was hired through a XYZ, a recruiter and paid through the recruiting company. During her time there, Sam, one of the brokers, repeatedly called her “sweetie.” He also asked her to go out for drinks. She ignored his overtures. He repeatedly continued to call her at home and suggested going to dinner. At the Christmas party, Sam got drunk and made several attempts to dance with Cindy. She politely refused. On his way out, he hugged her and touched her buttocks. At the same time, he calls her “honey buns.” The next day, she complained to a manager at XYZ about Sam’s behavior. A week later, the recruiting company called her and told her that she is no longer wanted at ABC and ended her assignment there. What claims does she have and against whom?
3. Kyle believed that his employer BillingRUS is violating state and federal law by not reporting income properly. He registered an anonymous complaint with the IRS who promptly initiated an audit. Following the conclusion of the audit, about six months after his complaint, Kyle is terminated by BillingRUS allegedly for performance issues. While his employer never questioned him about the complaint, Kyle believes that his termination decision was retaliatory for his complaint to the IRS. Assess Kyle’s claims and the potential defenses.
4. Karen and Greg are good friends at the law firm where they work. Greg works as an associate for Karen, a partner. After some time, they develop a relationship at work. Although they try to keep it secret, the existence of the relationship is pretty evident to coworkers due to the fact that they come to work together and leave at the same time. Plus, unbeknownst to Karen and Greg, their blackberry texts are regularly monitored by head partner, including pictures sent to each other. If you were in HR for the law firm and asked to advise what, if anything, to do about Karen and Greg, what would you advise? What, if any, are the problems posed by Karen and Greg’s relationship?
5. Doug works at an auto-repair shop. The auto mechanics regularly use foul language, and many of them regularly call Doug, a mechanic, “gay” or a “faggot.” Doug is offended by this behavior and reports it to Bob, the supervisor. Bob says that there is nothing that he can do about it. Does Doug have a claim under federal law? Explain why or why not.
6. Raheem is a Middle Eastern American working at a local bank. While working as a bank teller, he believes that he overhears another coworker call him a potential “terrorist.” After that event, he quits his job on the spot. Does Raheem have a claim? Explain why or why not.
7. Why is it important to classify workers correctly as either employees or independent contractors?
8. Explain the public policy exception to the doctrine of employment at-will, including stating what the ex-employee must demonstrate to prevail and give at least three examples of the public policy exception that have been recognized by some of the states.
View this related post: A Legal Binding Agreement.
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Keeping in mind your instructions and guidelines, our writers ensure to do extensive research before beginning to write. Unique and quality paper is our top priority.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our team of writers and editors have many years of experience in academic writing. They are native English speakers and able to handle any academic task with ease.
Free Unlimited Revisions
We offer free unlimited revision to our clients. Whenever you feel the need to revise your work submit to our able editors. Our editors will ensure that your paper will be revised to meet your guidelines.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
As a team we work hard to ensure a timely delivery of your papers. All you need to do is specify the time frame that you want you paper be submitted. We will work round the clock to beat the deadline.
Original & Confidential
We value your confidentiality and all our payment method are secure. We also use high end writing tools to ensure that all papers delivered are unique.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support team are available 24/7 to accept your orders and queries. We are committed to provide you with the best customer experience.
What Our Paper Writing Service Guarantees
You do not have to worry on what to expect because at mypaperwriterspro.com we guarantee you;
Our team of writers and editors is composed of people with diverse writing experiences. All of them have a Ph.D. They are all Ph.D. or M.A. graduates with extensive experience in academic and essay writing. We offer high-quality, original academic writing at an affordable cost.
Every order is written from scratch. We ensure that your papers conform to English conventions and the requirements of your discipline. To ensure originality, we also perform originality checks on all academic papers. Our success rate is 99% and many of our clients achieves their desired grades.
Mypaperwriterspro has a strict anti-plagiarism policy. To ensure that your paper is not flagged as plagiarism, we take extra precautions when writing it. Professional plagiarism detection software is used by our custom paper experts.
Mypaperwriterspro takes the privacy of clients' information very seriously. Mypaperwriterspro does not disclose any information about our transactions with third-party services. Nobody will ever know that you have hired our paper writing service to help with your paper.
Our website offers online security for our customers. Your passwords and personal information are protected and cannot be accessed by anyone else. Our customers are assured that their accounts will not be compromised by hackers. Learn more about the data that we store and how it is used in our privacy statement.
When you order our paper service, you get unlimited free revisions and unlimited drafts. We will ensure that you submit flawless papers. Our paper help website allows you to request multiple revisions.
If the order form indicates that modifications or adjustments are required, only those should be made. These guidelines include, but are not limited to:
You can reach us by email, phone, and live chat. We are always interested in hearing from our customers. We welcome any feedback regarding our paper assistance service. Our customer service representatives are available 24/7, even on holidays and weekends. They can help you place orders, check the status of your order, answer questions, or simply provide information.
Chat with your paper specialist via our live chat. Our professionals are available for unlimited chats. All your questions will be answered within minutes
Do you still feel dissatisfied with your final paper? Don't worry. Mypaperwriterspro is committed to customer satisfaction.
Although it is rare, you can request a partial or full refund if your final paper is not written to your satisfaction. Mypaperwriterspro views our money-back guarantee more as a right than a benefit.
We believe that our clients deserve the best paper services available online. We offer a simple and straightforward refund process if you are not satisfied with the paper.