Question 1 of 20 : Select the best answer for the question.
1. Johnson H. Carruthers, an architect, enters into a legal binding agreement with the Board of Education in Harrington County, West Virginia, to design a new high school. Carruthers used a contract form provided to him by his professional association, the American Institute of Architects. Their standard form has been tested and upheld or modified in various courts of law. Carruthers eventually wound up suing the Board of Education for nonpayment. What type of law is involved?
A. Procedural law
B. Substantive law
C. Workers’ compensation law
D. Evidentiary law
Question 2 of 20 : Select the best answer for the question.
2. What do these three areas of law have in common: dismissal request, proof of service, and small claims?
A. Some states require the use of approved form pleadings.
B. They’re areas of law not taught in law school.
C. They’re all part of the discovery process.
D. Each requires special service.
Question 3 of 20 : Select the best answer for the question.
3. The power for federal courts to issue writs is addressed in which body of jurisdictional and procedural rules?
A. Purdon’s Codified Statutes
B. The Uniform Civil Practices Act
C. Local rules of court
D. The Judiciary and Judicial Procedure Act
Question 4 of 20 : Select the best answer for the question.
4. During a trial, the opposing lawyers have the opportunity to file motions. What is the real purpose of filing a motion?
A. To ask the court to take action
B. To provide additional information to the court not in the original complaint
C. To inform the court of upcoming strategies
D. To reschedule certain elements of the case
Question 5 of 20 : Select the best answer for the question.
5. Which Federal Rule of Civil Procedure governs the filing of class-action lawsuits?
A. Rule 55
B. Rule 23
C. Rule 8(c)
D. Rule 12
Question 6 of 20 : Select the best answer for the question.
6. Which of the following discovery tools involve a court reporter?
A. Written interrogatories
B. Request for physical examination
D. Requests to produce
Question 7 of 20 : Select the best answer for the question.
7. An answer to a verified complaint should include a verified
A. list of affirmative defenses and cross-claim.
B. general denial with affirmative defenses.
C. general denial and counterclaim.
D. specific denial of each point with affirmative defenses.
Question 8 of 20 : Select the best answer for the question.
8. In criminal litigation, motions may be filed
A. only when each side rests its case.
B. following the exchange of discovery by the defense and prosecution.
C. when the judge rules that motions may be presented.
D. only after the trial actually begins.
Question 9 of 20 : Select the best answer for the question.
9. Brown v. Anderson is a lawsuit brought by Andrew J. Brown, a songwriter from Nashville, Tennessee, against Anderson Publishing Co., which owns the rights to a song Brown said he wrote in 1963 and for which Anderson hasn’t been paying royalties. Brown files the lawsuit in local county court in Nashville because his lawyer says that will resolve the contract suit the fastest. However, the defendant views the case as a copyright case that belongs in the federal district court. How does this case get to federal court?
A. Anderson files a motion for judgment on the pleadings.
B. The US Supreme Court orders the federal district court to hear this case.
C. Anderson files a motion for removal jurisdiction.
D. The federal district court orders that this case be brought before it.
Question 10 of 20 : Select the best answer for the question.
10. Bob and Ted live in the same state. Bob sues Ted for damages from a car accident that occurred in their home state, seeking damages of $37,000. Which of the following is true?
A. The case will be tried in a state trial court.
B. The case will be tried in federal district court.
C. The case will be tried in a court selected by Ted.
D. The case will be tried in the federal court of claims.
Question 11 of 20 : Select the best answer for the question.
11. Which of the following is a legitimate criminal procedure?
A. A defendant who takes the witness stand must confess if the prosecutor asks directly, “Did you do it?”
B. The police tell a suspect that they’ll let him call his lawyer after he’s cooperated with their questioning.
C. The defendant must call witnesses at trial to prove her innocence.
D. The police get a warrant before arresting a suspect based on the testimony of witnesses to the crime.
Question 12 of 20 : Select the best answer for the question.
12. A verified complaint is one that
A. is given under oath.
B. is admitted as true by the defendant.
C. has been proven at trial to be true.
D. is supported by impartial witnesses.
Question 13 of 20 : Select the best answer for the question.
13. Bob files a bankruptcy case. Which of the following is necessarily true?
A. The case is heard in state court in the state where Bob resides.
B. The case is heard in federal court.
C. Bob will never be able to repay his debts.
D. Bob had tried to pay his debts but couldn’t do so.
Question 14 of 20 : Select the best answer for the question.
14. Tom is charged with murder. Bob testifies that he saw Sally shoot Tom. This is
B. circumstantial evidence.
D. direct evidence.
Question 15 of 20 : Select the best answer for the question.
15. In a civil proceeding, trial by jury is a right given to us from what source?
A. The Administrative Code of the Federal Court Procedures
B. The Judiciary and Judicial Procedure Act
C. Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
D. The Seventh Amendment of the US Constitution
Question 16 of 20 : Select the best answer for the question.
16. At trial, the prosecutor introduces the gun that was used to commit the murder. This is an example of
B. circumstantial evidence.
D. demonstrative evidence.
Question 17 of 20 : Select the best answer for the question.
17. Which of the following is an example of direct examination?
A. The defense lawyer in a murder trial calls a witness who was with the defendant on the night of the crime, and asks questions about what he saw.
B. The defense lawyer in a malpractice suit asks the plaintiff’s expert witness questions about inconsistencies in his testimony.
C. The trial judge in a murder trial asks potential jurors how they feel about the death penalty, to determine juror qualifications and impartiality.
D. Attorneys for the plaintiff and defendant ask questions of potential jurors during voir dire in an attempt to assemble a sympathetic jury.
Question 18 of 20 : Select the best answer for the question.
18. A cause of action that’s good enough to require rebuttal, and to submit the case to trial, is a
A. habeas corpus case.
B. direct to verdict case.
C. summary judgment case.
D. prima facie case.
Question 19 of 20 : Select the best answer for the question.
19. Once a lawsuit has been served and the preliminary trial work has begun, there’s a procedure available known as discovery. What is discovery?
A. It’s the system the lawyers use to find out facts that the other side doesn’t want revealed in the courtroom.
B. It’s the process by which lawyers find out the details of the jurors being called to serve on the case.
C. It’s a process whereby the court of jurisdiction releases to the opposing lawyers a list of all of the laws relevant to the case.
D. It’s the method by which opposing parties obtain the full and exact factual information of the legal case.
Question 20 of 20 : Select the best answer for the question.
20. Bob is sued by Ted. Bob knows he has 30 days to file an answer because what document tells him so?
View this related post: The Resolution of Private Disputes.
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Keeping in mind your instructions and guidelines, our writers ensure to do extensive research before beginning to write. Unique and quality paper is our top priority.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our team of writers and editors have many years of experience in academic writing. They are native English speakers and able to handle any academic task with ease.
Free Unlimited Revisions
We offer free unlimited revision to our clients. Whenever you feel the need to revise your work submit to our able editors. Our editors will ensure that your paper will be revised to meet your guidelines.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
As a team we work hard to ensure a timely delivery of your papers. All you need to do is specify the time frame that you want you paper be submitted. We will work round the clock to beat the deadline.
Original & Confidential
We value your confidentiality and all our payment method are secure. We also use high end writing tools to ensure that all papers delivered are unique.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support team are available 24/7 to accept your orders and queries. We are committed to provide you with the best customer experience.
What Our Paper Writing Service Guarantees
You do not have to worry on what to expect because at mypaperwriterspro.com we guarantee you;
Our team of writers and editors is composed of people with diverse writing experiences. All of them have a Ph.D. They are all Ph.D. or M.A. graduates with extensive experience in academic and essay writing. We offer high-quality, original academic writing at an affordable cost.
Every order is written from scratch. We ensure that your papers conform to English conventions and the requirements of your discipline. To ensure originality, we also perform originality checks on all academic papers. Our success rate is 99% and many of our clients achieves their desired grades.
Mypaperwriterspro has a strict anti-plagiarism policy. To ensure that your paper is not flagged as plagiarism, we take extra precautions when writing it. Professional plagiarism detection software is used by our custom paper experts.
Mypaperwriterspro takes the privacy of clients' information very seriously. Mypaperwriterspro does not disclose any information about our transactions with third-party services. Nobody will ever know that you have hired our paper writing service to help with your paper.
Our website offers online security for our customers. Your passwords and personal information are protected and cannot be accessed by anyone else. Our customers are assured that their accounts will not be compromised by hackers. Learn more about the data that we store and how it is used in our privacy statement.
When you order our paper service, you get unlimited free revisions and unlimited drafts. We will ensure that you submit flawless papers. Our paper help website allows you to request multiple revisions.
If the order form indicates that modifications or adjustments are required, only those should be made. These guidelines include, but are not limited to:
You can reach us by email, phone, and live chat. We are always interested in hearing from our customers. We welcome any feedback regarding our paper assistance service. Our customer service representatives are available 24/7, even on holidays and weekends. They can help you place orders, check the status of your order, answer questions, or simply provide information.
Chat with your paper specialist via our live chat. Our professionals are available for unlimited chats. All your questions will be answered within minutes
Do you still feel dissatisfied with your final paper? Don't worry. Mypaperwriterspro is committed to customer satisfaction.
Although it is rare, you can request a partial or full refund if your final paper is not written to your satisfaction. Mypaperwriterspro views our money-back guarantee more as a right than a benefit.
We believe that our clients deserve the best paper services available online. We offer a simple and straightforward refund process if you are not satisfied with the paper.