1. Describe the immediate responsibility as a healthcare administrator in an organization when you receive a subpoena duces tecum. (1–2 paragraphs)
2. Define the concepts of morals and ethics, and differentiate between the two. Give an example of how the two can come into conflict in a healthcare setting. (2–3 paragraphs)
3. Define “standards,” “principles,” and “rules,” and give an example of each as they might be applied when making treatment decisions about noncompliant patients. (2–3 paragraphs)
4. An 83-year-old diabetic male, Mr. Jones, is brought in to the emergency department because of respiratory distress by his care-giving daughter, with whom he lives. In examining him, the emergency department physician discovers that Mr. Jones has gangrene on his right foot up to his ankle. Mr. Jones’ daughter reports that her father has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease. A preliminary capacity assessment is consistent with mild dementia but one of the nurses suggests that Mr. Jones’ confusion might be the result of his respiratory distress, coupled with the disorienting atmosphere of the emergency department. The clinical recommendation is to perform a below-the-knee amputation. The patient refuses this surgery, saying he has lived long enough and wants to die with his body intact.
Does the father have autonomy to make this decision? Why or why not? Discuss the principle of nonmaleficence as it relates to actions of the providers. (1–2 pages)
5. Clinical ethics requires grasping ethical issues, such as informed consent, truth-telling, confidentiality, end-of-life care, treatment futility, pain relief, and patients’ rights to self-determination. For each hypothetical situation described below, identify the conflicting ethical principles involved, and select at least oneappropriate action to resolve conflicting ethical principles in each case. (1–2 paragraphs each)
· An elderly patient suffers cardiac arrest and enters the intensive care unit. Her son insists that “everything possible” be done for her, and yet, she slips into a coma and is nonresponsive for months. As a healthcare administrator who oversees the organization, what steps would you recommend to address the son’s concerns?
· You are a healthcare administrator in a community with many devout Jehovah’s Witnesses. Many people in this faith refuse to receive blood transfusions. A mother calls your office to say that her 11-year-old son has been struck by a car, and asks for your reassurance that he won’t receive a transfusion if she brings him in. How will you respond?
· You are a healthcare administrator reviewing statistics on lab tests ordered, and realize that a few physicians account for the majority of orders of a certain very expensive lab test. You do a bit of research, and realize that these physicians have relationships with the manufacturers of this testing equipment. What are your next steps?
6. Justify whether healthcare in the U.S. is a right or a privilege. Apply ethical standards and state and federal laws to support your position. (1–2 pages)
7. A hospital finds that hypodermic needle-stick injuries have increased over the last year and, when they conduct an audit, they find evidence that there is wide variation in practice from unit to unit. Some rooms have sharps boxes and others do not, the sharps boxes are of different sizes, and there is variation in how often they are emptied. Using the seven-step risk assessment framework described by the Joint Commission (available at http://www.beckersasc.com/asc-quality-infection-control/7-steps-to-comply-with-joint-commission-risk-assessment-requirement.html) outline each of the steps to illustrate how a hospital might use a risk assessment framework to manage the risk of needle-stick injuries. (2 pages)
8. You are the CEO of a new hospital. Write a 1-page persuasive executive summary to the board of trustees outlining your proposal for a code of conduct and ethics to govern clinician and doctor behavior. Include a statement with a code of conduct for your staff for each of the following:
· Quality of care and patient rights
· Confidentiality of protected health information (PHI)
· Protection of information
· Legal and regulatory compliance
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
Keeping in mind your instructions and guidelines, our writers ensure to do extensive research before beginning to write. Unique and quality paper is our top priority.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
Our team of writers and editors have many years of experience in academic writing. They are native English speakers and able to handle any academic task with ease.
Free Unlimited Revisions
We offer free unlimited revision to our clients. Whenever you feel the need to revise your work submit to our able editors. Our editors will ensure that your paper will be revised to meet your guidelines.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
As a team we work hard to ensure a timely delivery of your papers. All you need to do is specify the time frame that you want you paper be submitted. We will work round the clock to beat the deadline.
Original & Confidential
We value your confidentiality and all our payment method are secure. We also use high end writing tools to ensure that all papers delivered are unique.
Customer Support 24/7
Our customer support team are available 24/7 to accept your orders and queries. We are committed to provide you with the best customer experience.
What Our Paper Writing Service Guarantees
You do not have to worry on what to expect because at mypaperwriterspro.com we guarantee you;
Our team of writers and editors is composed of people with diverse writing experiences. All of them have a Ph.D. They are all Ph.D. or M.A. graduates with extensive experience in academic and essay writing. We offer high-quality, original academic writing at an affordable cost.
Every order is written from scratch. We ensure that your papers conform to English conventions and the requirements of your discipline. To ensure originality, we also perform originality checks on all academic papers. Our success rate is 99% and many of our clients achieves their desired grades.
Mypaperwriterspro has a strict anti-plagiarism policy. To ensure that your paper is not flagged as plagiarism, we take extra precautions when writing it. Professional plagiarism detection software is used by our custom paper experts.
Mypaperwriterspro takes the privacy of clients' information very seriously. Mypaperwriterspro does not disclose any information about our transactions with third-party services. Nobody will ever know that you have hired our paper writing service to help with your paper.
Our website offers online security for our customers. Your passwords and personal information are protected and cannot be accessed by anyone else. Our customers are assured that their accounts will not be compromised by hackers. Learn more about the data that we store and how it is used in our privacy statement.
When you order our paper service, you get unlimited free revisions and unlimited drafts. We will ensure that you submit flawless papers. Our paper help website allows you to request multiple revisions.
If the order form indicates that modifications or adjustments are required, only those should be made. These guidelines include, but are not limited to:
You can reach us by email, phone, and live chat. We are always interested in hearing from our customers. We welcome any feedback regarding our paper assistance service. Our customer service representatives are available 24/7, even on holidays and weekends. They can help you place orders, check the status of your order, answer questions, or simply provide information.
Chat with your paper specialist via our live chat. Our professionals are available for unlimited chats. All your questions will be answered within minutes
Do you still feel dissatisfied with your final paper? Don't worry. Mypaperwriterspro is committed to customer satisfaction.
Although it is rare, you can request a partial or full refund if your final paper is not written to your satisfaction. Mypaperwriterspro views our money-back guarantee more as a right than a benefit.
We believe that our clients deserve the best paper services available online. We offer a simple and straightforward refund process if you are not satisfied with the paper.